3

I check the time on my phone. 5:40 pm! Shit, who sleeps for that long?! Charles told me he had a surprise ughh.

I groan as I get up and put my hair into a quick messy ponytail, I go downstairs to eat my first meal of the day with my Harry Potter pjs on.

As I enter the living room I notice Max and Victoria sitting on the coach with Arthur, Lorenzo and Charles, they haven't been over in a couple of weeks, that's odd.

I walk closer to them, but they still don't notice since their backs were facing me, my eyes fall onto a brunette boy sitting next to Arthur, he's tall and muscly...and so handsome. Who is this guy?

I walk closer to them, to see him from up close. Shit...it's "Matias?" I mumble under my breath. No way.

But I mumbled a little too loud I guess, because he turned. "Cesca!" He smiled. Shit, he's beautiful, why is he so much more beautiful in person.

No, Francesca he's your childhood best friends shut the fuck up!

"Hey! Why did no one tell me you're here?" I say as he stands up and I run into his arms. He's warm and feels like home.

"I wanted to see you this shocked." He softly chuckled. He puts his hands on my waist as he pulls away from the hug.

"How are you?" He asks me. "Good, I've missed you so much." I reply, looking into his eyes, gosh, why did he get such a glow up.

"Me too, sucks to be away from my best friend." He smiled. Why is his smile so beautiful? Shut up Francesca shut up!!

"What are you doing here though? Don't you have a match next Tuesday?" I ask him. "Do you not watch my matches anymore?" He asks.

"Of course I do, but I didn't watch the latest one, I was busy with the Grand Prix." I reply "oh yeah, you were amazing, I'm proud." He gives me the sweetest smile. His hands still on my waist.

"Thanks," I smile back, hoping my smile is atleast sweet enough for him, he's always had the sweetest most genuine smile.

"But what happened last match that led you to coming back?" I ask, suddenly I realise he must've gotten injured and a worry rushes through me. "shit, don't tell me you're injured, are you okay? What happened? Is it that bad? Will you be o-"

"I'm fine!" He cuts me off with a laughter, "gosh you're worse than Max. It's just a small injury. I'll be staying here for a couple of months till I can play again." He laughs.

"Oh okay, good" my face finally softens, and I feel so relieved. More relieved than ever. He keeps laughing, I look at his lips for a second but look back at his eyes. I can't fall in love with him. No way.

"Are you forgetting something?" Max says, standing up from the couch. "Oh shit, sorry man, I see you a lot, I forgot you don't live with us" I laugh and pull away from Matias' hands and hug Max and Victoria.

"I look so funny right now don't I?" I laugh, looking at my pyjamas. "I'll go change and be back." I say. Matias gives me a little smile and gets closer to me to whisper in my ear.

"You look good either way." I can feel my cheeks warm up and I try my hardest not to smile, but I can feel a slight smile creep up my face.

I whisper back "you too." And head out.

Was that what I was supposed to say? Or was it too flirty? Wait, was he flirting with me? No, he was just being friendly.

Right?

~🤍~

I enter the living room to see it empty, what? Was I dreaming or something?