Prologue

2012

We run across the grass to the karting zone waiting for our brothers to finish up so we can go home.

Matias holds my hand as we climb up the hill laughing. I feel so alive right now, the air is fresh and the weather is perfect. Not too warm not too cold.

Matias is my best friend, even though our brother's can't seem to get along. Matias says it's because they're racing against each other, I agree with him.

We sit down in our usual spot, the best spot for watching karting, it's up on the hill with flowers and trees all over the place, this is our favourite place.

"Cesca?" He turns to me once we sit down.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up? Do you wanna become a racing driver like our brothers do?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I mean I'm already in karting. I wanna be a formula 1 driver. The glory must feel good." I pick a flower right next to me and fidget with it.

"Do you also wanna be a racing driver?" I ask. He is in karting with me. We're in the same age zone, he is only one year older than me. I'm turning twelve, he's turning thirteen.

"I don't want to be a driver, one driver in the family is enough. And I don't want to have to go through the amount of pressure dad puts on Max. It's not fun when there's so much pressure on you." He replies.

"Yeah, if it's for fun then it feels good, I hate pressure." I say.

"Me too."

"What do you want to be then?" I ask.

"I want to be a footballer, I really like football plus my dad doesn't care about football too much so I doubt he'll put any pressure on me." He replies.

"That makes sense." I agree.

"I think you'll become an amazing footballer." I say.

"I think you'll become an amazing racer" he says.

"We're still gonna be best friends though, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course. You will always be my best friend." He replies.

"You too!" I smile.

_____________________________________author's note\\
This is super short but it's just a little moment they had when they were children.