Paparazzi (Cate)

A/N: Hi! So IDK how to start this and it could be bad.. but hopefully it's not terrible and I think I'm gonna add summaries to some of the one shots just for a little more context but I'm going now so enjoy.                                                                                                                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TW: Panic attack

Summary:                                                                                                                                                                                  You and Cate are at an award show and as you're walking in you start to get nervous and Cate comforts you. (You and Cate are publicly together in this)

As Cate steps out of the car she grabs my hand and helps me out too. As soon as I'm out of the car there are people yelling to us and a lot of camera flashes.

Usually I'm used to this when me and Cate go to award shows and premiers together, but today is different. I feel not my best and I have all day but I still wanted to come with Cate and support her so here I am with her hand in mine as we walk the red carpet.

I can already feel my chest begin to tighten and my sense of calmness leaving my body. I was hoping it would just go away even though I knew it wouldn't .

Just as we were about to leave the carpet, we both got called back for some pictures and of course we can't just say 'no' and we make our way back to all of the overwhelming yelling and camera flashes.

''Red carpet, silver earrings, pink lipstick'' was all I kept whispering to myself, trying to calm down before pictures. It didn't work and I could feel myself slipping away from this reality and going into survival mode.

I gently shook Cates arm hoping she would notice which she did, she could see the small tears in my eyes and wiped them away before walking away with me into an empty area that hardly anyone could see.

I sat down and she sat next to me while rubbing my back as I began to cry. ''Darling what happened?'' she asked sweetly in an attempt to calm me down.

But at this point I had gone non-verbal and was just looked at her with mascara stained cheeks. She gave me a sentimental smile and  grabbed a makeup wipe from her clutch. 

After 15 more minutes of her rubbing my back and calming me down I wiped my eyes and look at her with worry in my eyes ''Did I ruin everything?'' I ask her quietly on the verge of crying again.

''Oh honey not at all'' She reassured me and pulled me into a tight hug. I gave a small smile while inhaling her perfume, her sent calmed me down even more and after fixing my makeup and making sure I was okay we went back out together.

Cate kept me close for the rest of the night and wouldn't let me out of her sight, not even once.

The night eventually ended and the paparazzi had died down by the time we left which was nice and I just thought for the whole ride home how lucky I was to have someone like Cate as a partner.