"Because, just...leave it alone. Please." My eyes finally raised so I could look into hers. The look she gave me was like she was wordlessly begging me to stop joking about it. I didn't need an explanation. If she wanted me to stop then I would.

I nodded with a gentle smile. "Okay..." I felt a rush of relief when she returned the grin.

"Buuut you and Lauren are hitting it off, right?" Dinah asked in a hopeful tone. "I really like these girls. They're nice. I just don't want to keep tagging you along if you're bored."

When I was with Lauren, bored was the last thing I was.

"We're hitting it off, yeah. She's so cool and so smart...I almost feel too intimidated to talk to her but she has this humbleness to her that makes talking to her so easy. Lauren's great. I love hanging out with her...Camila too."

"That's good! Because I...actually invited Camila and Lauren over for dinner one of these nights. Not sure when but, soon. Because they were so nice to invite us over there, you know?"

I had no problem with that. Even if things were awkward between all of us, the least we could do was be polite and invite them over for a meal as well. I liked the idea of it. But couldn't help but wonder if Dinah was going to break the news to Camila yet.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me. We just gotta get more settled in here." Dinah seemed thrilled that I agreed to this. I almost hated to break the question to her.

I rolled from my side and onto my stomach, toying with the fabric of the pillow case before I spoke. "But...have you told Camila that you aren't into girls yet? I mean..." I paused and shot Dinah a look. Her full attention was on me. "The longer you wait, the more she's probably going to fall for you and things will get messy. I don't want things to fuck up between you two." Or things get fucked up between Lauren and I.

In the middle of my rant, Dinah just rolled her eyes at me like I was insane. But I was being serious. This may have not been a joke to Camila and Dinah being a bitch about it wasn't thoughtful.

"I haven't said anything and I don't have to." she said simply. "It's not that serious. I'm not even a catch and with the way she picked me up, she'll probably be into somebody else tomorrow. Don't worry about it, Normani. Trust me."

'Trust me.' The last thing I wanted to do was not trust my best friend. But deep down, I knew I was right. 

"Dinah--"

"Mani. Please trust me." Her eyes were on me and she rested her hand over my own. We exchanged a gaze and stayed silent until she talked again. "I know girls like her. I've met girls like her. You're stressing too much over it. I know what I'm talking about."

What I didn't know was which girls was it that she's met like Camila? How did she know what she was talking about? What made her think I was stressing too much over an innocent girl's legitimate feelings for her?

Ultimately, I decided to put my questions aside. But if things did seem to get more serious on Camila's part, there's no way in hell I wouldn't bring this up again.

"Okay." I said. "If you say so, Dinah Jane Milika Ilaisaane Hansen Amasio."

Finally, she smiled at me now. I smiled back at her. I still had my doubts, I'll admit but this meant I got to see Lauren more. Get to know about her.

"Thank you." Dinah squeezed her hand over my own.

"You're welcome...But one thing you were wrong about is that you are a total catch. With a booty and titties like that, how could you not be?"

She flashed a broad grin, blushing almost at this before letting my hand fall from hers to give me a nudge. I pushed her back and as a result, she grabbed my wrist to keep me from shoving her again.