Chapter Three.

Normani's POV.

Lauren is one of the nicest girls I've ever met.

It was easy for me to be so intimidated by her because she's incredibly beautiful. Beautiful beyond comprehension. But she's sort of shy like I am which is endearing and makes her easier to talk to. Because I think she knows how sort of weird this situation is for the both of us. But it's a good kind of weird we can handle because the two of us really get along.

The four of us headed to the movies and truthfully, I couldn't tell you if the movie itself was good or not. I didn't watch a whole lot of it. I wasn't able to watch a whole lot of it. Dinah and Camila kept giggling about something off to the opposite side of me and Lauren followed me out when I left to get candy because she too hated distractions when trying to watch a film.

I quickly apologized for Dinah, knowing she's got a mouth on her and can talk a mile a minute. But Lauren assured me that Camila was simply flirting with her. It was okay.

And before we knew it, the two of us made our way to a nearby bench and found ourselves simply talking again.

I learned that Lauren is studying psychology and literature. But would also consider possibly studying law or something in the medical field. Not only is this girl beautiful and from what I hear, really talented but she's so smart as well. She seemed unstoppable and that she could do anything she put her mind to.

We started talking about small things and they somehow carried on to past relationships, our dreams, and thoughts on the world we lived in. Lauren's mind was as beautiful as she was and all I craved was to just sit and learn every single thing there was to learn about her.

I got the chance to discover that she collects coins and likes to read. I was more surprised to learn that the last few guys she's dated have been really disrespectful to her. Which surprises me because she didn't seem like the type to settle for any less than she deserved. Since she was interested as well, I told her about my ex (that happened to be Dinah's cousin) who treated me well but was really dependent on me and hardly gave me space to breathe.

I was the one that insisted on us at least going in to catch the last bit of the movie. I really like to think that if I hadn't said that, we would've stayed outside until Camila and Dinah were finished.

I slowly realized on the way home though that with Dinah being straight and not into Camila like that, I wouldn't have a legitimate excuse to go hang out with Lauren.

Could I really just drop her a text and ask to get together? Would that be too weird? Was Lauren wrong and would Camila be absolutely heartbroken and wouldn't let her hang out with me?

Part of me wanted Dinah not to tell Camila anything. But horribly, a part of me wanted her to keep her mouth shut.

Dinah and I got ourselves ready for the night so we could sleep. We hung out in Dinah's room after our showers and just laid in her bed. Talking about today's events.

"So Dinah, your girl is great and I totally approve." I flashed Dinah a playful grin, flinching a bit in case she reached out to give me a shove. Luckily, she didn't. But instead of just laughing with me, she simply seemed annoyed.

"Camila is not my girlfriend. And she never will be. I don't even like girls, Normani. You of all people should know that." 

I was a little taken back. Out of everyone I knew, Dinah was the type who could take a joke. I knew in my heart that she wasn't homophobic. That wasn't the problem. But she seemed upset by this so the best I could do was back off. 

"Yeah...Yeah, I know..." I murmured, lowering my gaze to the sheets beneath us to avoid any eye contact. It was so awkward. "Can I just ask why you're so defensive about it?"