chapter 9

(A/n I redid the end.)
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°Artemis POV°°°°°°°°°°°°
Me and Percy were sitting on a bench under some willow trees when I heard a plea for help. I looked at Percy to see him concentrating on something.
"Thalia, lily, Atlanta, and another hunter are locked in a cage surrounded by a family of drakons." Percy opened fix eyes and as I was saying something there was a flash and we were in a patch of woods and Percy was in wolf form.
"Which way?" I asked him.
"Don't attack them,please." He added seeing my face.
"Fine but I want an explanation later."
He smiled and ran off. I followed and we came to a clearing with two grown drakons and four baby drakons. In the middle of the nest was a cage with my hunters in it.
Percy shifted into his human form with a cloak. There was something different then I noticed he also had a mask on. He walked out into the clearing and the drakons looked at him. Before I could do something I notice them start to bow to him.
"What have you trapped to day my children?"
"We found four hunters stalking us master." A gravelly voice said.
Percy walked over to the cage and looked inside before facing the drakons.
"Have I taught you nothing? How many times have I told you to not catch hunters in silver!? Do you want that insufferable goddess after you?"
"Hey don't talk about our Mistress like that!" Thalia screamed.
"Shut up, Thalia this is monster time not to be interrupted by you." Percy said facing her.
"Now let them go and don't make that mistake again. Do you understand?"
"Yes master. Where will we go now?"
"I will flash you to your new home." With that they all flashed away, even Percy, and the cage dissapeated leaving behind confused hunters.
I walked out of the bushes and and Thalia bowed before asking me a question." Who was that mi'lady?"
"I don't know. Let's get back to camp." I walked back towards the camp when I heard a pack of howls come from around us. We were ambushed by a pack of wovles. At least that's what I thought until lycaon stepped out of the bushes and laughed at me.
"Look who's unprotected from the big bad wolf."
"Back off lycaon." Was all I could say before another wolf howl could be heard all through the woods as the pack separated to let a big black wolf through. At first I thought it was Percy until I seen the marking on its chest. It was the marking of huntress the constellation. Lycaon snareld before lunging at the wolf transforming in mid air.
They started fighting as the other werewolves surrounded us to make sure we didn't run. Lycaon got a lucky swipe causing the mystery wolf to fall in pain.
Percy help! I screamed mentally.
There was a flash before he stood in front of me in the same out fit as earlier. He turned around and as soon as he seen the fallen wolf he looked at lycaon and attacked transforming in midair. Lycaon jumped and the met in the middle. In seconds lycaon was dead and the other werewolves bowed to Percy.
"Let the hunters go and go back to your camp until I call." Percy said before going over to the wolf and formed into a human again.
He gathered the wolf into his arms crying. He walked off and I sent the hunters off to camp before going to follow him.
I found him by a creek muttering something under his breath. As I got closer I could finally hear what he was saying.
"Hunteress I'm so sorry you were like my daughter please for give me. You weren't suppose to end up like the others you were suppose to live.
I'm so so sorry." He kept repeating.
When he turned to me I could see the sadness in his eyes and as I got closer I could feel the sadness radiating out ward before I was completely envoloped in it.
"I'm sorry she died."
He nodded his head and before I lost my nerve I kissed him on the cheek before turning around and flashing off to my cabin at camp.