Chapter 3

''Exactly Heaven! We could of been dead'' I say to my bestfriend since high school. She had decided to come over. Her kids were out of town.

''I know Q should think way more better than that. That was putting all of you guys in danger'' she says.

''When it comes to his work he doesn't care. He have over millions of dollars saved an forever saying that isn't enough''

''What the fuck?'' Heaven says.

''Yes baby girl. Over a million'' I say.

''He tripping. That's enough money for all of you guys. What could he possibly be trying to do?'' she asks.

''Shit I be damned if I know'' I say while taking out the Lasagna an bread sticks.

''Q always been like that. He think the streets is life but its not'' Heaven says.

''I can't take to much. See look there is his fucking security all over my house'' I say pointing out the window at tented black cars.

''Talk to him Jewel. This is your family also. Just not his. If he loves you he will understand'' she says. An she's right. But its hard talking to Q because he will swear that you tryna start drama with him when you're not.

That night I stayed up waiting for Q knowing damn well that I had work the next morning. Hours went by an he didn't show up. This is very unusual of him. I looked at the time an it was 3. The kids will have to be up in two hours to start getting ready for school. I finally decided to go to bed.

''Mommy can I wear this?" Ariel says coming out of my closet with a bodycon pink dress. I looked at the time an it was 6:00. I had only got 3 hours of sleep an I had to be up at 7.

''Get out my closet little girl'' I say turning over to get this hour of sleep in.

''Please Ma. Its Monday an I wanna look cute'' she says.

''Get out Ariel'' I say. I hear her mumble under her breath an walk out my room slamming the door. I know she took the dress so I don't know why she so mad.  I finally decided to get up an start getting ready. Today was going to be a long day at this Pharmacy. Only 3 hours of sleep an my husband was nowhere in sight.

''See why you had a attitude when you already knew that you was going to get the dress anyway?" I ask Ariel. She looked better in the dress than me honestly. She had a body for a 16 year old. I already knew these lil boys was tryna get with her.

''Because you be showing out'' she says making me laugh. ''My eyebrows look okay?" she asks.

''Yeah. Thanks to me for teaching you'' I say.

''Yeah yeah'' she says coming over to kiss me.

''Y'all have a good day'' I say while hugging an kissing Tyquan an Daquan.

''You too'' They say. I watch them walk to the bus stop with the other kids. I walk in an lock the day an make my way upstairs to get my day started. I was so tired but that's just a life of a hard working women.

It was 2 o'clock an I was on my lunch break. I had just got a call from the high school saying that Ariel was getting sent home for insubordination. This damn girl an her mouth was too much. Heaven was picking her up an bringing her to the house. She was about to be put on punishment an get her phone taken away. I can't stand a disrespectful child. I decide to call Matthew.

''Wasssuppp bihh'' he says.

''Where is Q?" I ask.

''I don't even know. I haven't heard from that nigga matter of fact'' he says.

''He really asking for it'' I say sucking my teeth.

''Just chill lil mama. I'm pretty sure he's doing okay'' he says.

''Yeah yeah whatever'' I say.

''What could he possibly be doing?" he asks.

''Fucking another bitch'' I say.

''Naw he's better than that. What about you go back to work an stop stressing'' he says.

''Bye nigga'' I say while hanging up the phone.

''So what makes you wanna disrespect a teacher?" I ask Ariel.

''It wasn't even that serious'' she says.

''Yes the fuck it was lil girl. You not about to sit here an talk to me any kind of way.'' I say.

''I didn't even do anything to that lady'' Ariel says.

''Then why you got 3 days Ariel'' I ask.

''I don't even know''

''Well until then you're grounded. Give me your Ipad, laptop an Iphone'' I say.

''But-''

''But nothing little girl. You disrespecting teachers ain't even cool at the fuck all. Now get out my face an bring all my devices that I asked for. Please an thank you'' I say.

''Dang ma'' Daquan says laughing.

''She finna be miserable'' Tyquan says laughing.

''Oh well'' I say. Seconds later I hear the door open an I look over to see that Its Q.

''Thought you was dead pops'' Tyquan says.

''Forreal. I been texting you an everything'' Daquan says.

''My bad'' Q says. I look at him. He walks over to me. ''Wassup baby'' he says grabbing my waist.

''Get the fuck off of me'' I say.

''The fuck wrong with you?" he asks looking confused

''We really finna do this right now?'' I ask.

''Do what?''

''Act as if we haven't seen or heard from you in about two days'' I say.

''I'm here right?" he asks.

''That's not the fucking point asshole'' I say.

''Then whats the point?''

''The point is you have a fucking family home an you wanna be out doing god knows what. That's the fucking point'' I say.

''You tripping folk'' he says shaking his head an walking away.

''Naw nigga you the one tripping'' I say.

''Not even about to argue with you. I'm going to sleep'' he says walking up the stairs.