"you're here alone?" Virat asked her worriedly.

"no Dada is here too," she shook her head before taking her place next to Jos again almost absent-mindedly while Virat was slightest taken aback.

"uh we're here for a playdate," Jos answered, albiet a bit awkwardly.

Virat nodded almost in a daze before he heard Sammy calling for Rohit, "Dada here!"

Virat turned his head to another unusual sight. Rohit with Jos' kids. Now he knew Rohit and Jos were friends but he didn't know they were close enough for their kids to have play dates together, Sammy seemed comfortable with him while his kids very snug with Rohit.

"oh I didn't expect to see you guys here," Rohit greeted them cheerfully as he let go of Gigi's hand who instantly hid partly behind him and Jos seeing the new faces.

"Gigi this is Vi chachu, Nushka chachi and Vami," Sammy stood next to her.

Virat bent down to her level as he smiled softly at her, "hi Gigi." while she shyly waved to him making everyone chuckle.

Anushka was rocking Vamika slowly, trying to calm her down.
Vamika who had been very cheerful all day had her eyes narrowed and lips juted in a pout when she saw a sleeping baby in Rohit's arm and he didn't even come forward to pick her up like he always does.

Oh she didn't like this baby at all.

When Rohit did look at her, she made a point to turn her face to the side making Rohit frown in confusion.

Anushka had a slightly amused and tired look on her face. How was she going to look after two identical and jealous Kohlis all her life?

Margot who was warmly napping on Rohit's shoulder decided to wake up the exact moment and blinked her eyes a couple of times to get rid of haze and sleepiness as Rohit gently patted her back.

As her's and Vamika's gaze connected, Vamika rapidly moved her hands around and towards Rohit, babblering while the adults stood in confusion at the sudden outburst.

"I think she wants to be friends with Margot," Sammy suggested gleefully, "Chachi put her down please."

As Vamika started moving towards Rohit and demanded to be picked, Anushka muttered under her breath, "I don't think that's the case."

Rohit who had gotten the gist of the act, passed Margot back to Jos and picked up Vamika who immediately latched onto Rohit.

Margot didn't understand and didn't bother to and slept soundly again, this time on her father's shoulder.

"I think the kids could play together while we sit down," Rohit suggested as Vamika pulled on his cheeks.

Vamika held one hand with Gigi and other with Virat, making Virat's heart leap in joy.

Virat knew it was childish, that he is and will always be Sammy's favorite, he couldn't help but throw a smug glance towards Jos, take that!

As the adults sat down once again and the kids were off to play, this time Vamika too waddling with them.

The first couple of minutes were very awkward but then Anushka cut through and the conversation started flowing naturally. Virat scoffed mentally when Jos told a story from their mi time, when himself and Rohit were partnered together for a cooking challenge and both had failed miserably.

"I think if we're partnered now, we might know a thing or two," Rohit laughed, nudging Jos playfully.

"sure mate, we'll have to arrange one to see your improved skills."

"oh shut up, you know I can cook decently now. Remember I made you that omelet," he boasted pompously.

Excuse me, Virat stared at him for a moment, Rohit made Jos omelet, that means Jos had been to Rohit's home and HE DIDN'T KNOW?

oh Rohit Sharma was so dead. Being friends was one thing, being friends and hiding was another. Rohit hadn't even made him tea or given him water  when he went to his home, Virat sulked.

But that's because you treat each other's home as your own and you serve water to guests and you don't even eat eggs now, his conscious reminded but Virat was in no mood.

As the time to say bye came, the kids naturally became sad. Both the father's promised to make them meet them soon. Vamika didn't leave Rohit's arms while Sammy held Virat's hand as they parted.

"that was a good day," Rohit sighed stood outside the bakery Anushka had just entered with the kids.

"of course it was a good day for you, met with your good friend, no?" Virat grumbled.

"yes it was, nice catching up with him," Rohit spoke causally but his eyes twinkled in mischief.

Virat looked at him before groaning, "fuck off."

Rohit laughed, "kya yaar Virat. Itne saalo baad bhi jalta hai tu. Woh toh woh hai, tu mera jigri hai. Tu, Ajju, Shikhi, Jaddu, Bhuvi, tum sab mere dil ke tookde ho, Jos ya koi aur bhi, bas dost hai."

"everyone calls you right, Shana," Virat murmured, smiling to himself, "you know what to say when."

Rohit too smiled at him, a genuine smile, with his eyes crinkling in happiness.

"chachu look what I got you," Sammy jumped in front of him with her eyes shining.

"hmm what is it?" Virat pretended as he looked at her keenly.

"it's cupcakes, you know they are my favorites so I got them for my favourite," she smiled at him, the exact same way as Rohit's, smiling so wide that her eyes appeared in crescents.

Virat was yet again hit with another, much stronger wave of love for this tiny version of his best friend.

"thank you Sammio, you're my favourite too," he gulped, overwhelmed with emotions as he kissed her forehead.

Vamika pointed towards herself and Rohit after watching the interaction, as if understanding the depth of emotions making Rohit do the same as he gently kissed her temple.

"yes Vami, us too. Always."

❁❁❁

a/n: a 2k word update and I loved writing every bit of it. Slightly delayed then planned but health had unexpected plans.

Anywaysss what do you guys think?