2: Coronation & Birthday

Eli's POV

"Dad, leave me alone" I say trying to swat his hand away like a fly pestering me. 

"I love you too, I'm just trying to help. You are going to be 17 today, an adult. I am so proud of you." He kisses my cheek.

"Mom, can you please tell Dad to leave?" I said sticking out my tongue to him. She is pulling him out of my room. I mouthed I love you too and grinned. My family is the best. Today is the day I become Alpha, I know it's a lot of work, but I think I can do it. My dad says I am ready but I don't know, however, if he feels confident in me, then why wouldn't I? I can't wait to find my mate. She is going to be the most spoiled lady and I wouldn't have to compete with anyone because she is going to be only for me. 

I am a little nervous about this but I think I'll be fine. Most alphas are coming in case it is either their daughters or female betas. My thoughts go to the darker side as I think of Aiden Solace. he is our pack's biggest rival. He hasn't done anything to me except throw me dark glances which is meant to intimidate me but instead does something else, I don't even know what it is. I am not a bad person. I know he isn't, he only looks at me like he is going to murder someone because he thinks my parents killed his mother. I've noticed him during collective meetings and I have seen that he doesn't talk a lot only to his beta. People including me, think he and his beta are dating since his beta is the only one that he walks to. While he has 2 siblings, I only have 1 and she is rotten to the core however, she is the best sister at the same time. She can be insufferable sometimes.

As I am thinking about this, my fling comes into my room without knocking which has become a really bad habit for her. If I were a human, I would be all over her right now and I would fall for her once I laid my eyes on her right now. Right now, she is an annoying bitch who doesn't know when to stop being a pain. I don't like her but she has fallen for me and we both know it.

"What are you doing here? I already told you that yesterday was the last time anything ever happened between us. I am going to meet my mate and you are 3 years older than me today, so please leave."

"I don't understand you. We had a contract saying I would be your sex fling for a year. That contract only ends this year. We are only in October, my alpha." She puts her hands on my shoulder and starts to put kisses on the back of my shirt. I push her off and she falls on the floor. "You can't hit a woman." I roll my eyes

"I told you not to come here." She stands up and comes back to me.

"Leave, are you deaf? Stop being a dumb bitch, we both know, you are cheating on your mate who I could kill if I wanted you but you both are the same thing." By the end of my sentence, my beta, Henry told me it was time. 

"Thanks." I turn to face her "By the time this coronation is done, I must never see you, ever again." I leave her there without listening to anything she has to say. This means my mate can't come into this room. I am so glad this is the dressing room. 

"Hello ma, pa."

"What happened to --"

"His Highness and Queen" My parents go in and everyone claps for them.

"His soon-to-be alpha, Alpha Eli Lennon." I go in.

*Time skip after coronation*

I have the crown on my head and everyone claps. Then 10:59 strikes and I am struck with a smell, vanilla chocolate, green apple and there's another smell I can't pinpoint. Since I can't go running like every other person, I look around, then I lock eyes with my enemy.

Mate.