7.

"Formula Boy and Princess in Paris."

~•~

~•~

From Bahrain, the pair flew out on Monday, heading to the city of love. Paris. Unfortunately, their managers had instructed them to spend some weeks together whenever they had the chance, so they chose the following week right away. They might have to do more weeks together because this one wouldn't be enough, but for now, they didn't want to think about that.

France. Paris. Zhou didn't want to go to this city. He wanted to go to Sheffield because that's where he felt at home and it was close to his team, but Caiji had some work in France, so they had no choice but to fly there. He had to adapt to his girlfriend because that's what good partners do - even if it's just a fake partnership.

The girl didn't want to invite him to her apartment in Paris, but she had to. They wouldn't spend money on a hotel room when they could have the whole apartment and the privacy that came with it.

Actually, she didn't want to spend time with him at all, but unfortunately, she had no choice. She would like to say she had committed to it, but that didn't happen. She didn't want anything like that. Right now, she would rather be alone without some Asian guy sticking to her, but she couldn't. The manager decided something, and she had to obey him.

"I don't know how we'll manage with the beds because there's only one double bed, and they will likely need to separate the mattresses," she told him as they sat together in the taxi. It was good that Zhou was Chinese. They could have private conversations in front of others because no one understood them anyway.

"I'll be a gentleman and sleep on the couch," Zhou told her, while he watched the streets outside. Caiji didn't know if he had ever been to Paris, so she let him be, watching the surroundings outside.

She just made a mental note that she would have to take him out for a walk and show him the beauties of Paris. Maybe she had her thoughts about him, but that didn't mean she would deprive him of this beautiful city.

Thanks to the afternoon traffic, they arrived at the house after an hour - normally, the journey from the airport took half an hour. Zhou took both his and the girl's suitcase and then just waited for her to unlock and let him in.

Her apartment wasn't big, but the girl didn't mind. She lived there alone, so she didn't need much space. The furniture was a combination of Asian and French. She tried to make it cozy, and for that, she needed a piece of home because she grew up in China, and she didn't want to be without a piece of home.

"You have a nice place here," Zhou told her, after he had put down their luggage and looked around the room.

The apartment consisted of only three rooms. One was a living room with a kitchen and dining area in one, the second was a bedroom, and the third was a bathroom. But it also had a balcony, which was not among the largest, but she managed to fit two chairs with a table there.