Chapter 22

After a while they both stopped laughing. Since it isn't good to stay in the road for too long they decided to go to a nearby inn to have a chat with each other.

" So tell me why did you come looking for me Nagisa and stop with bulshit of just seeing me. Tell me the real reason you came here" Izanami asked her foster son seriously.

As much as she wants to spend her time with her children she knows that they won't usually come looking for her just to spend some time. At the very least Nagisa won't come. He is someone who doesn't like to leave his work half finished. So he won't go on any of his personal journeys if there is any work he needs to do.

Nagisa looked a little ashamed at her words. True he normally wouldn't come to see her. Even this time he didn't just come to meet her to catch up with her. But even so he still loves his mother so hearing say things like this did make him a little sad.

Seeing his expression, Izanami's expression softened. Although she didn't want to say things so harshly as she knew her children's situation better than everyone. But they need to understand that not everything is fine just because you have a stable job.

Nagisa bowed his head and said sincerely , " I'm sorry for lying mother but I really did want to meet you even if it wasn't my priority. "

Izanami sighed and answered, " nevermind that just tell me why did you want to see me that badly "

Nagisa looked at his mother with a serious but curious expression and asked, " Mother, what are you truly planning to do in Konoha? As you might be aware, Kumo recently provoked Konoha to check the overall situation. And from the looks of it the other villages would soon do their own methods to see how weakened Konoha really is. If they are convinced Konoha is weak they will go on a full attack like they did with the Land of Whirlpool . And in such a situation why are you going there? You do realise you can't protect Konoha without revealing your identity. "

Izanami smiled and said , " well you answered your own question "

" Huh" question marks began to appear on top of Nagisa's head. He is too confused to say another word.

Izanami chuckled and answered, " You are right . If I want to save Konoha from the other villages I will inevitably be forced to reveal my identity. But what If I create a new identity that no one would dare to provoke. "

Nagisa began to ponder what Izanami said. Honestly there already more than one identity Iznami could use to make the other villages weary. For example she is the owner of many famous companies that are very popular amongst ninjas. If they issue a ban of not selling their wares to any specific villages the villages economy would collapse. What can a ninja do when he can't buy the equipment he wants?

' wait if it is about economy there is one identity that mother could use to directly threaten the economy of any ninja village. And with her calling me here I'm pretty sure of my guess' Nagisa thought internally.

" Mother, are you by chance thinking of taking my position of the CEO of the World Bank away from me and using it to threaten the other villages. " Nagisa asked.

Izanami who was drinking the drink they were served did a splendid spit take at his words. She looked at her son with an accusing tone and asked, " Why the hell did you think of something like that ? Do you honestly believe I would do something like that ? "

Hearing her words Nagisa broke out in a cold sweat. He didn't think his words would trigger such a reaction.

What Nagisa didn't think is that for Izanami apart from her family nothing truly mattered. To her who has reached the pinnacle in various fields such things like positions or titles are nothing. This is why she even did that voting for her village chief position. She isn't like Hiruzen who likes to cling to power. And honestly she hates such people. If you can't give up your position just don't hand it over in the first place.

After a few minutes of lecturing Nagisa Izanami finally calmed down. She sighed and began speaking again, " Look Nagisa, I am someone who lived for thousands of years. I have reached the pinnacle in various fields and left my name in the legends. So it is not logical for me to be greedy for power.

And besides when I assign someone to any position under my authority I only assign someone who is best suited for this position. Even you are no exception. Your talent in Business is unmatched in this era. And besides you have improved the World bank more than what I did so i have no authority to even question your position. "

" So what were you going to do " Nagisa asked curiously.

Izanami smiled devilishly as she said, " Oh nothing too serious I'm just going to be your everyday Young Mistress who just happen to be the sole relative to the CEO of the World Bank "

Nagisa stood up from his seat immediately as he backed away from Izanami. He knew that smile too well. That was the smile his mother makes when she reverts to her Young Mistress form. And oh boy is he terrified of it.

As someone who meets with rich and influential people on a daily basis he can proudly say that his mother is unmatched in the field of acting as a young mistress. Those young masters would look like children in front of her.

Even his reputation as a person who treats any noble as ants is made because he took some lessons from her. And honestly he can say that he didn't master even 20% of what she can do.

Nagisa at this moment felt bad for the Village elders in Konoha who will have to deal with Izanami in the future. He sincerely wished there isn't anyone who would be provoked by her attitude.

Well sadly for him his wish couldn't be granted since there is a one eyed mummy in Konoha that has too much pride in his head.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu