kade stays silent as she keeps tapping her pen on her notebook. "i think i know what's missing."

"please tell me it's not love life."

kade chuckles. "it's somehow related to that, but much bigger than that." she walks over to the couch and taps freen's forehead with her pen. "you lack a purpose, freen. a purpose."

freen creases her forehead. "a purpose?"

"yup, a purpose." kade sits on the sofa across freen. "a reason to live. a flame to keep you burning. a drive to keep you going. you don't have that anymore after you were dismissed from SAU. your current work -- these endorsements and business investments -- it gives you money, but it doesn't give you any sense of accomplishment because of your lack of purpose."

freen's body relaxes. "come to think of it, i think you're right, kade."

"thank you for agreeing." kade smiles. "that's the reason emily has this effect on you because she gives you a sense of purpose like you wanted to protect her. you were used to doing that for years. saving people has been your life goal. and now that evens are gone and the entirety of AEF is dissolved, your purposeis gone."

"so, i need to find a new purpose..." said freen thoughtfully. "but how?"

"that's tough because a purpose is subjective," says kade. "a doctor's purpose is to cure his or her patient. a parent's purpose is to provide for his or her family. a lover's purpose is to make his or her lover happy. an artist's purpose is to inspire people with his or her works. the list goes on."

freen stays silent, thinking deeply.

"don't force it. it may not come to you right away. but you can always start with the little things."

freen glances at her friend. "little things like?"

"like finding a girlfriend."

"ugh." freen rolls her eyes. "like i can do that in my current state."

"or get a pet. those fluffy creatures can give love expecting nothing in return. and they give you purpose too."

freen nods. taking it all in. "getting a pet sounds good."

"this is just a phase, freen." kade smiles warmly. "whatever you're feeling now, it's just a phase. everyone goes through something like that in different intensity. what's important is for you not to give up. it'll be okay. trust me. everything will be okay."

freen can feel something inside her get ignited by those words.

"you're right, kade. it'll be all right."

---

"becky says they'll be here any minute now. not sure if emily's with them, but mew will be here."