Chapter 108 A lot of swear words

Before the official filming, the entire crew had to undergo intensive and efficient gun training and other action guidance training in New York. For countries where gun ownership is legal, it is not unusual for citizens to shoot. Vincent also made a police movie in the last dimension, and is already familiar with the skills and basics required to play a policeman. However, each country has a different police system. Vincent still chose to find an opportunity to experience life for a period of time in the local state police station in New York.

Massachusetts has been called Vincent's second "base" besides Los Angeles. However, because the production team "succumbed" to the tax incentives that were too much to take action, they changed their plans and rescheduled most of the filming tasks in New York. In the end, they were left with locations that had to be shot in Boston, Massachusetts. Will go there to shoot.

Although the arrangement has been changed, it has added a lot of convenience to the overall filming work of the crew.

It wasn't until nearly late April that the movie officially started shooting. After Vincent shaved his hair into a full-length cut when he was 17 years old to star in "Sweet Sixteen", he shaved his head again after many years. His current image is actually different from what Martin imagined. ——Because Vincent needs to play the image of a proud man who seems to have a perfect resume, impeccable personality and image, but is actually an undercover agent placed by the gang in the police. This character is very contradictory.

If this face is too ordinary, it may give people a feeling of "why does he do it?", then how can we highlight the "distinctiveness" of the protagonist?

Just from the appearance and aura after putting on costumes and makeup, Vincent, wearing a student uniform and carrying a gun, looks more like an inner person than Leonardo does, rather than being too ordinary. A person full of justice. Simply put, it would be more appropriate if he put on a police uniform and became a police officer. Just like Martin Scorsese said, the role of Colin, the undercover gangster buried in the police, belongs to Vincent.

Before Vincent, Martin had also thought about who would be more suitable to play these two roles. This is his first time preparing for a gangster movie after three years since filming "Gangs of New York" in 2002. Although it is an adaptation of a Hong Kong movie, unlike the trilogy series "Infernal Affairs", Martin only I plan to use a movie to tell a complete undercover story.

This means that the director team and screenwriter team have a lot of preliminary work to do. Adapting the script to create a remake is actually a task that is no less difficult than the original work. You must know that although "Infernal Affairs" has only been released for more than two years and less than three years, its impact, reputation, and box office can be recorded in history. In addition, even if the actors in "Infernal Affairs" are only minor supporting roles, they are also well-known figures in the Hong Kong entertainment industry. It can be said to be a star-studded movie. Martin also chose the actors who have already become famous. actors have expectations.

Before thinking of Leonardo and Vincent, Martin had better candidates in mind - Brad Pitt and Matt Damon.

The former was the image of Billy that Martin originally found. Although Brad Pitt participated in the production of "The Departed" as a producer, he himself rejected Mark's invitation.

The latter, Matt Damon, is already a very experienced actor. He is four years older than Leonardo, but he is able to integrate the three roles of actor, screenwriter, and director. Although there are currently no particularly outstanding screenwriters or directors. The work is familiar, but his attempt looks pretty good. As an actor, Matt Damon's work is enough to make people remember his abilities. Before the "Bourne" series became popular, Matt Damon already had the Ocean's Trilogy to lay the foundation for him. Since his "electric shock" in 1988 at the age of 18, the films he has starred in and participated in the production of are not only masterpieces, but at least they are within the scope of good quality.