《 Fifteen - Amidst Trauma and Tears 》

JeevanJyot Hospital, Mumbai

Parth and Shefali arrived at the hospital within the next 30 minutes. Only Parth knew how he navigated the car through the heavy Mumbai traffic. Parth wore a cap and sunglasses to hide his face-he did not want people recognizing him and causing a commotion in the hospital. His priority at that moment was seeing his sister. Shefali spoke to the receptionist at the reception desk while Parth stood a few steps away.

"Excuse me, Nishtha Birla yahaan par hai kya?" she asked the lady behind the desk.

"Let me check," she said, typing away a few things on her computer. A moment later, she looked back up at Shefali and said, "Ji, Nishtha Birla, Abhishek Gokhale ki attendant bankar aayi toh hai."

"Kahaan hai woh?"

"OT 5 ke yahaan hongi, Mr. Gokhale ki surgery wahi chal rahi hai," she said and pointed in the direction of the operation theatre.

Shefali and Parth immediately bolted toward the OT. They found Nishtha sitting in a chair, visibly traumatized and with her face buried in her palms. They rushed toward her. Parth put a comforting hand on her shoulder. As she looked up, she saw her brother standing there. Overwhelmed with emotions, she got up from her seat and hugged him tightly. She cried in her brother's protective embrace, while Parth gently caressed her hair to comfort her.

Parth broke the hug and gently wiped Nishtha's tears, "Nishu, ab shaanti se hume batao hua kya hai? Bilkul bhi mat daro, ab hum hai na tumhare saath?"

Nishtha nodded slightly before recounting the events of the evening. She sobbed while remembering the traumatic episode. Shefali hugged Nishtha tightly after hearing about everything that she had gone through.

"I am so sorry I was not there to protect you," Parth said, disappointedly.

Shefali broke the hug and wiped her own tears, "God bless the man who saved you. Kaise hai woh?"

"Surgery chal rahi hai, thodi der pehle bola thha it will be done in a little while," Nishtha replied, "But mujhe bohot darr lag raha hain, he has so many injuries and so much blood loss," she added.

"Kuchh nahi hoga unhe. We'll make sure to call the best doctors in the world for him if need be," Parth assured.

Shefali nodded in agreement, "Waise unke family ko inform kiya hai kya? I am sure they must be worried about him-" Shefali asked out of concern before Parth cut her off.

"Akshara!" he said, disbelief evident in his voice.

Akshara had just re-entered the lobby after trying to calm herself in the open air. She was desperate to know the updates of the surgery.

A familiar voice calling her name made her look in that direction. She almost took a few steps back, before she noticed the lights of the OT going off.

She rushed past Parth and Shefali, near the OT waiting for the doctors to come out and talk about Abhishek's condition. Parth and Shefali were about to express their shock but were left confused when even Nishtha rushed toward the OT. Not having a better option, they joined the duo outside the OT.

A team of tired doctors walked out of the OT and stopped looking at the worried faces.

"Mr. Gokhale's family?" one doctor asked.

Akshara nodded rapidly, "How is he?" she asked.

Parth and Shefali exchanged a confused glance looking at Akshara's reaction.

"Calm down. The surgery was successful. However, the next 24 hours are critical. We'll keep him under close observation, monitoring him every few minutes. His injuries were quite a few so recovery will be a long path, but we'll provide him with great care," the doctor explained.