《 Five - She Said Yes! 》

Udaipur, India

Shortly after Kairav had left Mahima's cabin, Aarohi barged in.

"Why had Kairav bhaiyya come here to meet you? You are trying to turn my family against me, aren't you? Unhone mujhse theek se baat tak nahi kari," Aarohi shouted.

Mahima sniggered, "Pichhle paanch saalon mein kaha usne tumse theek se baat ki hai Aarohi? Ab kya hi badal gaya. Stop blaming me for your deeds."

"I need to know why he was here," Aarohi demanded as she slammed her hand on the table.

"It is none of your business, Dr. Aarohi. Don't forget that we are in the hospital. And I am your boss here. I can take disciplinary action against you or fire you for your unprofessional conduct. So, stop throwing these petty tantrums in front of me," said Mahima and got engrossed in working on her laptop, paying a deaf year to whatever Aarohi blabbered next.

"I won't let your plans succeed! I will become the MD of this hospital and show you who's better!" She left the cabin in a fit of baseless anger.

~❈~

After he met with Mahima, Kairav immediately left for the airport. He couldn't wait to return to Mumbai and tell Akshara about his plan. He had planned an elaborate proposal for his ladylove, Ananya Gokhale, and now he needed Akshara's help to make it perfect. So, as soon as he landed in Mumbai, Kairav booked the first taxi and headed home. During his taxi ride, he sent a message to Akshara informing her of his safe arrival and shared his estimated time of arrival.

Akshara was quick to open the door when Kairav rang the doorbell. The brother-sister greeted each other with a warm hug.

"Abhir so gaya kya?" Kairav asked while breaking away from the hug.

"Nahi, maamu ke aane se pehle kaise sota?" Akshara replied.

"Mera bach'cha! Main usse jaldi se mil leta hoon, so that he can go to sleep."

"Bhai, aapne woh—"

"De diye. Ayaan loved everything. And I have asked Mahima Aunty to tell me what Shivu thinks of the gifts."

"Thank you, bhaiyya."

"Jab bhi main Udaipur jaata hoon, you send something for Shivu and Ayaan with me. Kabhi nahi bhulti."

"Main unse door hoon bhaiyya, un bach'chon se mera rishta nahi toota. And as of now, I cannot think of a better way to express my love for them."

"Kitni pyaari hai tu! Mumma-Papa ne mujhe diya hua best gift," Kairav said as he caressed Akshara's hair and gave her a peck on her forehead. Akshara hugged him.

"Now you go and freshen up; I'll warm the food for you."

~❈~

After she served Kairav dinner, Akshara put Abhir to sleep. Meanwhile, Kairav rehearsed how he wanted to break the news about Ananya and his relationship to Akshara. After some time, Akshara came out of the room and found Kairav sitting on the couch, a little lost.

"Bhaiyya, are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. Akshu, I wanted to talk to you." Kairav said, his tone serious.

"What's the matter, bhaiyya? Udaipur mein kuchh—"

"Arre nahi, aisa kuchh nahi hain. You sit here," Kairav said as he ushered his sister to the couch.

"Bhaiyya, you are scaring me. Bolo!" said Akshara, her concern increasing.

"Itna panic mat kar, it is nothing bad. In fact, it is good news. I don't know where I should start."