Echo

Abby sat down on the toilet. Usually when peeing in a public bathroom she would squat slightly above the toilet seat, but this one was actually clean. She was used to this bathroom - It was her local library.

As her stream came to an end, she got ready to wipe.

brrrap

A short fart escaped her backside. She instinctively clenched her anus closed, but the sound had already echoed into the bowl. The noise was amplified. The truth was inescapable - If anybody was in that bathroom, they heard it.

A short giggle from the stall next to her confirmed her worry.

"Excuse me," Abby spoke up to be polite, with no intention of sticking round for more than another half-a-second.

rrrtttt

A longer blast came from the other stall. The woman who had giggled before now sighed with relief. Abby felt safer and more comfortable - This was a bathroom, after all. It is designed to relieve your bodily functions. There shouldn't be a stigma here, not within these 4 walls!

Abby pushed slightly. The gas she previously stopped was now being freed.

bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrapppppp

A deeper, bassier buzz forced its way out of her backside.

The two girls laughed slightly. Abby finished up, washed her hands, and left the bathroom.

Without sharing a single word, or ever seeing eachother's faces, the two girls had bonded that day.

All over some shared gas problems.