10

Daisy laughs hysterically as we sit in a crowded restaurant. The soft glow of lights puts a golden haze across the room and we sit there 2 bowls of pasta down and knee deep in red wine. Rafe, Topper and Kelce took Mabel for the first time ever tonight and i went for a little date with Daisy. I worry about her but i trust my best friends, and ive known them long enough to know she will be fine. Me and Daisy have chatted for hours about everything and are becoming closer and closer by the second. Just as we pick our things up to leave i get a message from Rafe. I swipe up to see a selfie of Rafe in dim lighting, Mabel asleep on his chest. Theres a message below it which says: "Ive put mabel to bed at mine, You can stay the night ! x". I show Daisy the photo as we walk out.
"Awwww theyre so sweet together!" She says happily, "So.... Whats going on between you too?"
"What? Nothing..." i look at her sheepish, trying to hide my blush.
"Come on Rie! i see the way he looks at you."
"No, i mean i have liked him for a while..." I say, "And he told me that he used to like me back in middle school! Oh my god! Wait do you think he actually likes me? I mean.... he cant, can he?" She looks at me with an 'i told you so' face. We carry on walking to our uber, laughing down the street, arms jumbled up in eachother.

The uber drops me at Tannyhills huge driveway, the security lights stretching up the tall building. I stumble to the front door but turn back before knocking, deciding to go sit by the pool and sober up a couple minutes. The warm summer night engulfs me and i hear the water splashing down on the docks and the cicadas somewhere far in the grass. The pool is lukewarm after heating up in the sun all day and my feet glide in easily as i sit down on the corner. Tannyhill is huge and open and i cant help but think that if i had had this life i wouldnt be living on the cut right now. Of course we were well off and my mother was good to me and my father was distant and cold but still provided for us and kept us a family. But we never had this. But soon enough, he grew to hate me, And my mother couldnt do anything about him kicking me out.  And although its horrible, i cant help but think if i was This rich, I wouldn't have wanted to leave it all behind for a baby.

The glass door slides open, and light footsteps approach behind me. I look back and see rafe appearing, His Grey joggers showing a strip of his Boxers and his top half without a shirt. He sits down near me leaning back on his hands.
"How was it princess?" He asked looking at me, his eyes lighting up through the dark night.
"It was so fun. I like having more girl friends, god knows ive got enough boys with you three," I look inside towards the living room, Topper and Kelce sleeping gracefully across three different sofas.
"Thats good, im glad" He smiled, " I loved having Mabel for the night, shes perfect."
"Thank god, I had a babysitter once tell me she was never coming back, after one night." I shudder recalling the time.
He laughs looking at me. When he looks at me i feel like im being seen, not just looked at. Im being admired. We sit in silence for a few minutes the hot summer night wrapping us up like a blanket. Im glad he enjoyed looking after Mabel.
"You have no clue how much i missed having you around." He looks at me, breaking the silence. "It really hurt not having you here all the time." I look at him sadly, not knowing how to reply. He smiles softly, getting up slowly and walking back inside.