When Storm Meets Sunshine

My life has been sad since when I was young. It's quiet and lonely. I often think about the exact meaning of life, why was it important to survive each day, and why do I need to suffer.

At the age of 8 and until now, I experienced being abused by my parents. They would often throw things at me, hit me with anything, and it doesn't matter where. They didn't even care about their daughter's age as long as they satisfy themselves.

They always drink, and smoke, and they don't even ask me if I am doing okay.

I don't matter to anyone.

I would always get yelled at, compared to, and they would always say they wished I was never born and I didn't deserve to live. They would make me feel that I didn't have the right to exist in this world.

Why would some people make children if they would just treat them like shit in the first place? Why would they bother to create more if they only know how to hurt them, make them feel pain every day, and break them?

I endured it for 10 years. Thankfully, they don't often hit me now, unlike before.

Well.. who cares? As if I'm not used to it.

We are all going to experience death anyway.

I sighed.

I looked up at the ebony sky. The stars were nowhere to be found and It was raining again.

It's scary yet it's good to look at. It's peaceful.

I like it this way.

I often imagine myself dancing in the rain while the music is Nocturne. It's classical and romantic. I love the sound of the rain; it calms my insides.

"You don't have an umbrella again?"

I flinched when I heard a man's voice beside me—a soft and gentle voice.

Damon Carter.

When I looked at him, he was already smiling. His beautiful light blue eyes were fixed on mine. His brown brushed-down hair looked soft like he just went out of the bath and his lips were pinkish as ever. His thick eyebrow arched and he was now looking at me with a teasing look.

I was too stunned to speak. He was indeed gorgeous. His face screams the word sunshine.

He was a beautiful man; a good-looking boy and the news was right... you won't be able to utter a word while looking at him face-to-face.

I faked a cough and averted my gaze. "Well, yeah..."

"I have one. Do you want to share?" he asked.

We're not even close. Or... are we?

"I'm fine. The rain will probably stop later," I refused and shook my head.

"Probably," he repeated what I said.

"You don't have to worry, just go home without me."

"As if I'll leave you like this." He really won't stop! "I want you to take care of yourself just once, Mira. I don't want to see you having a hard time."

I know you're nice, but can you stop doing that?

"Are we still... talking about the rain?"

"No, not just about the rain," he admitted.

"I knew it."

He gently looked at me. "You know that we won't be seeing each other for weeks because of the storm, right? The classes will surely be suspended, so... can I call you just maybe once or more...?"