002

{irl}

Heaven Marie MerritSay yes to Heaven Chapter 2

Heaven Marie Merrit
Say yes to Heaven
Chapter 2

I looked at my phone in awe.

He wants me too. But how could I say he wasn't just gonna hide me again.

Christopher Sturniolo is all that crossed my mind as I got ready for tonight's event. He's all I could possibly think about and the fact that he was gonna be there made shit worse.

I played music to clear my head as I put on my camo cargos along with my black compression shirt. It wasn't a fancy event so I really wasn't gonna dress up. I threw on my military blacks and as for my hair I just fixed up the curls.

"Heaven hurry up!" My brother called from downstairs. I quickly grabbed my purse and the rest of my things before running down the stairs.

There I found the triplets and Chris looked at me with a longing in his eyes. He looked as if he had something he wanted to say to me but he was too scared.

I know I had the same look. I know I wanted to run and kiss him. I wanted to fully embrace him and let the whole world see us together but right now we were worlds apart.

The whole car ride we were next to each other and while the others talked we sat in silence. I was laying on his shoulder in some attempt to feel him against my skin.

"Heaven you're oddly quiet what's up?" Nick whispered to me forcing me to pull away from Chris.

"It's nothing Nicky,"  I told him and by the look on his face he wasn't buying it very much. "Fine I'll tell you later."

He smiled back at me before continuing his conversation and I just went back to my spot, laying on Chris only for him to wrap his arm around me.

I felt warm and safe. Maybe he really meant what he said but that was until we got to the event and he acted like we were nothing.

The tension between us was high. I wanted to punch him, then kiss him. I wanted to yell at him saying I hated him for playing with my heart but that I loved him and that he had my heart in the palm of his hand.

When I was finally able to walk away I went and say in the car. It was calm. The metal doors pushed out the noise of the world and as I sat in the back seat I felt at peace with myself.

That was until the car door opened and in got Chris.

"We have to talk Heaven," he said looking at me and I made an attempt at putting space between us. He only got closer, running his hand over my curls.