A Bullet's Symphony #3

/ / /     Prologue.    / / /
/ / /       Climax : Finale       / / /

“Are you serious about becoming a Hero?” 

The boy looked joyful as he asked his sister, who was already filling in the forms. 

“Yeah. I already have the qualifications for it. Now I just need to do the registration and get into their training program… Probably gonna take a year or two.” 

The boy’s sister said as she patted her little brother on the head, with a kind smile on her face. 

He was excited at the thought of his family member becoming a Hero, having the same title as those great ones out there. 

“You’ll be a great Hero, sis. I’m sure of that.” - The boy said as he hugged his sister, she requited. 

 —  — o o o O O O o o o — — 

“We’re sorry. We did the best we could.” 

These words of condolences mean nothing to the boy now. 

“...” 

Now, 3 years later. Just a year after the sister became who she wanted to be, the boy watches her sister laying cold on the nursing bed, with a sheet covering her face. 

She died doing what she wanted to do. 

“...” 

He was late. Although he was informed of this hours ago. He had done everything he could in these dark hours just to get here. And his sister had already been long gone when he got here at long last. 

Yet he did not cry. He stood there in silence, his eyes locked on his sister’s lifeless body. At first, he couldn’t grasp the reality of the situation, there were so many emotions conflicted that within him. 

“Maybe this… is all a dream?” - The harsh truth that unfolded to him was too much for him to handle. But as the movement tickled by time in that room, a begrudging acceptance started to take root within him. 

 — —  o o o O O O o o o — —

The loss was devastating for him. You know it. 

There won’t be anything or anyone that could help him forget about it in such a short time. You had wished you didn’t leave him even for a second back then. 

Now it has been 3 days.

“Where could he possibly go…” 

You have also contacted the police, but even with the help of some Heroes who are active around your neighborhood, there was no trace of him either, it’s good to say that he’s gone, to where? You don’t know. 

Today, you headed to the hospital where his sister drew her last breath… But much to your disappointment, there was no clue either, the doctors said that he went home right after having done with the papers. 

Which means you were the last one who saw him before he disappeared. 

“Damn it… Where could he possibly go…” - Before you realized it, you were already back home. 

You looked over to his house. And you were already standing in front of his house, as expected, it’s locked, yet you found the key, hidden in a bush, how do you know there is a key here? Because you are his best friend, he tells you the spot. 

You opened the door and came inside, there was indeed no one inside the home, and an uncomfortable smell of trash reeked all over the house. You helped him take out the trash and opened the windows for ventilation, and then you started to investigate if he left a note or something similar.