Boyfriends?

The two boys held hands and watched more TV until the nurse came in again to get Phil's scans. 

"Mr. Howell, could you step out for a moment while we perform the scans? We'll have you come right back in and show you the results when we're finished."

"Sure, no problem." Dan said and walked out. 

"So Mr. Lester, how are you feeling?"

"Absolutely much better. I don't feel any pain at all!" Phil said while smiling.

"That's good! Let's have a look at your ribs now"

They ran an X-ray over Phil and it showed up on a screen in front of them. 

"That's looking great!" the nurse said excitedly. 

He pointed out the rib that was broken and explained how it was healing, and he said as long as Phil doesn't do too much physical activity, he should be able to sign out of the hospital in another two or three days.

"Would you like me to bring back your boyfriend to show him the news?" Asked the nurse, while smiling down at Phil

Boyfriend. He called Dan my boyfriend. I guess I didn't really think of it that way..but..it was true? Wasn't it? What exactly are we...?

Phil zoned out for a second "Whoa..yeah. Sure, that'd be great." 

The nurse looked at Phil and said calmly "He's your first, isn't he?"

Phil nodded, surprised at how the nurse knew this. 

"Yep, I remember my first boyfriend. Good luck. First relationships like this aren't easy." 

The nurse walked out and intentionally let the door shut. Phil figured it was just so he could talk to Dan and tell him the news.

Dan walked in the room with a huge smile on his face. He sat in his chair again.

"You'll be back home in just a few days!" said the younger boy, enthusiatcially. 

Phil just nodded.

"Whoa, Phil. What's wrong?" Dan asked, sadly.

"Dan.."

Oh god..did I do something wrong? 

"Yes...?"

"Are we...boyfriends?"

Dan just looked at Phil, with the same surprised look that he was given a moment ago.

"Well...do you want to be?"

"I don't want it to only be up to me. I don't want anything that you don't want."

Dan took Phil's hand, took a deep breath, and tried not to hesitate with what he was about to say.

"Phil. I like you. I like you so much. In fact, I like you so much that for the past week, I haven't been even able to think straight. My feelings for you have overwhelmed me so much, because I was absolutley horrified that you wouldn't feel the same. I like you so much that every single time I look at you, everything else goes away. It's like it's only you and me, and that's something I've always wanted. I love you Phil. I honest to god, love you. Not like some kind of play love or crush. I do really love you. And when we kissed...I felt something I'd never felt before. And that feeling, makes me know, that this is so right. I want this more than anything honestly."

Phil just looked at Dan in amazement, as if he were about to cry.

"Da--" 

"But." Dan Interrupted.

"I don't want you to do anything that you don't want. And if you don't feel it's right, then it's not, and I really don't want to get hurt over this..So tell me the truth now."

Phil didn't even know what to say. He wanted it just as bad as Dan did, but he was so awestruck by what Dan had just said, he wasn't even sure what to say. So, sat up high enough so his face was level with Dan's, put his hand on the back of Dan's head, kissed him. He felt himself melt while in the embrace of the younger boy. They continued this, for several minutes, and when they finally separated their lips Phil quietly whispered

"I love you too, Dan. I love you so much." 

Dan smiled widely.

"Yes." He said quietly.

"Yes what..?"

"The answer to your question. Yes. We are. Phil, you're my boyfriend."

Phil smiled and kissed Dan once again.

"I can't wait for you to come home." Dan said, eagerly. 

"Me either. I hate it here." 

"I don't wanna leave."

"What do you mean?"

"It's getting kind of late. I do need sleep..but I really don't wanna leave." 

"Well, there's an open bed next to me.." 

"Phil, you know that there is no way in hell they'd let me stay here."

Phil sighed "I know, I wish they would though. I just wanna go home. I don't want to have to wait two more nights before I finally get to go back with you."

"I don't either. I want you to come home. So we can watch movies together, and cuddle with you, and hold you in my arms. I want to spend time with my Phil." 

Dan gently rubbed Phil's hand and then the nurse walked in.

"I've been ordered to release you tonight, Mr. Lester. Normally we aren't supposed to release our patients until we are absolutely positive that they will be alright, but with all these budget cuts, we are having to release some non-emergency patients sooner." 

"Okay!" Phil said excitedly. 

The nurse instructed Dan to hold one of Phil's arms, while he held the other. We helped Phil walk to the door. 

"I can walk on my own. I don't need help." Phil said, anxiously. 

The nurse let go, but Dan held on for another minute, making sure he was actually okay to walk on his own, which he was, but you can never be too safe. 

"I'm gonna go start the car." Dan said 

He walked out the door and the nurse turned Phil toward him. 

"Stay safe, okay?"

"I will, thanks for the great service." Phil said, while smiling. 

"Well, it's not every day I get to help out attractive guys, like yourself."

Phil's eyes widened a little bit as Dan walked back in. 

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, cheerfly

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's get out of here." Phil said, reaching for Dan's hand.

The two boys grabbed each other's hands, and happily walked out of the hosiptal. 

 A/N whoops this is pretty crappy, sorry.