Alone in this bed

A/N Kay guys I'm writing this on my phone so sorry if there are a lot of typos! Just let me know and I'll fix them :)

After falling asleep for about an hour, Dan woke up again. He just couldn't sleep no matter what. He decided to go out and check the time. Five AM.  

 What am I doing up at such am ungodly hour? I feel like at this point I should just go back to the hospital. That way if something does happen to Phil I can be there right away. Plus I already miss him. It's horrible being here without his cute smile to wake up to and his bright blue eyes to look into. 

Dan took a quick shower, put on some clean clothes, and then left. He didn't even bother to straighten his hair. He knew Phil wouldn't mind. Once he got to the hospital it was about 6:30 AM. He asked the nurse if he could sit in Phil's room. It was a male nurse this time. 

"Well, I'm really not supposed to let you, but I can see how much you care about your friend, so go ahead."  

Dan thanked him with a smile and walked in slowly. To his surprise Phil was already awake, watching some TV.  

"Dan? What are you doing here at this time? It's so early." 

"I couldn't sleep. Why are you up so early? You should be resting."  

"I guess the medicine wore off. I can't stay asleep for more than twenty minutes at a time." 

"Well, I'm here now so at least you'll have company." 

Phil was watching some kind of kids cartoon.  

It's so cute how Phil chooses to watch cartoons over other programs. He's like a little boy. I absolutely adore him.

"So, what exactly are we watching?" I asked quietly.  

"I'm not quite sure, actually. But so far it looks like some kid is trying to buil a rocket!" 

Dan laughed and stared at the TV. After the show was over, Phil just quietly whispered "Hey, Dan?" 

"Yeah?"  

"Thanks for coming, again. I missed you..a lot." 

"I missed you too, Phil. I hardy got any sleep last night because I was scared something might have happened in the middle of the night and I wouldn't have woken for the call."  

"Well, I'm really glad you're here now. I wish you could stay here overnight with me."  

Dan just smiled at Phil while looking into his eyes.  

Would this be a good time to tell him? Nobody else is around and Phil seems to be acting like he shares the feelings. He just told me he wanted me to stay the night with him. He didn't say he wishes his mum, or aunt, or other family members were there. He wants me to be there. Maybe I'm  over thinking this. Maybe Phil is just being generous. I don't want to ruin the friendship with Phil. I have no clue what I would do with my life without him. And it would be too awkward to be friends with him if he didn't share the same feelings.

Dan sighed quietly. 

"Is something wrong?" Phil asked. 

"No, I've just got a lot on my mind." 

"Like what?"  

"Well, quite honestly, you. I'm worried about you." 

"I'm fine dan, no need to worry so much. We could hug of it'd make you feel better?" 

Dan smiled and went in to hug the older boy. He was extremely gentle knowing that Phil still had a fractured arm. He smile at Phil widely.  

"Dan, you have really nice eyes. They're very warm and welcoming. I love them." Phil said innocently.  

"Thanks, Phil. I love your eyes too." 

They stared into each others eyes for several moments. Without even thinking Dan noticed himself looking at Phil's lips. When he moved his eyes back up he saw Phil also looking at his. Dan blushed a little bit and slowly, with hesitation, moved in. Right as their lips were just about to touch, a nurse walked in.

"Hel-- Oh! I'm..sorry if I'm interrupting anything but Mr. Lester needs to take more medicine." It was the same male nurse as before.

"It-It's okay." Phil said quietly while reaching out to recieve his medicine. He put all of the pills in his mouth at once and drank some water to swallow them down. 

'In a few hours we may have to run some X-rays to look at your broken rib to see how it's healing up, and I'm afraid you can't have any visitors around while we do that. He can come back as soon as we're done though. I'll be back at 9:30 to take them."

Phil nodded and the nurse left the room.

The two boys looked at each other with intense stares.

"Dan.." 

"Yeah?"

"I'm so confused."

"About what?"

Oh god. Was he going to say he doesn't know what got into him? That he doesn't want to kiss me? What if he thinks it's awkward now. Oh my god.

"About all these feelings. I never realized how...perfect you were until I had you taken away from me. Until I was stuck alone in this bed..until you weren't around all the time. I never noticied your amazing, beautiful brown eyes. I never noticed your adorable natural hair. I never noticed how much.. How much I love you." 

Dan felt his face getting hotter and he smiled with an idiotic smile. (Not saying that Dan's smile is idiotic, because it's the most beautiful thing in the whole entire universe. But you know how when you're so unbelievably happy that you can't smile enough? Yeah, that kind of smile. <333) 

"Phil, I'd been thinking the same exact thing. I never knew how awul things would be without you until I woke up and you weren't there. I never understood just how important you are to me, and how incredibly happy you make me. You are the best ever, I couldn't ask for anything more. And Phil, I do love you. I really do." 

"I love you too, Dan." Phil said with a giant smile on his face.

Dan moved in and slowly pressed his lips upon Phil's. And in that moment, it was like everything stopped. Everything felt so right. Both of them had kissed people before, but it never felt this right. There was never that spark, until now. And this kiss, that only lasted abut four or five seconds, felt like forever, in the greatest way ever.