"Stop screwing around?" Neriah scoffed and then turned to Liam as he picked up his phone. "Can you get up on your own?"

"Yeah," Liam muttered, wiping mud off his phone.

Neriah nodded and then easily jumped out of the pit, waiting for Liam who joined her a minute later before they ran off, being quiet as they followed Stiles' scent and then found him behind a tree.

"What is he doing?" Neriah quietly asked as she stopped beside Stiles, looking at Theo who was standing in the middle of an old bridge with his back to them.

"Try and get his scent," Stiles whispered and the two supernaturals nodded. "Get anything?"

"Flowers."

"Soap"

They answered at the same time and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"It's nice," Liam added. "It smells good."

"Not his soap," Stiles gritted out, "his emotional state. Chemo signals, remember?"

"Oh, I remember," Neriah quietly snapped, sending him a look. "But I'm still pissed that you left us behind in that hole."

"Seriously?" Stiles monotoned and then quickly took a step back when she flashed him her fangs. "Noted. Don't leave you in a hole again."

"He's sad," Liam cut in.

"He's sad?" Stiles asked, looking at Liam.

"He's grieving," Neriah corrected Liam.

"Grief?"

Neriah thinned her lips, tempted to drag Stiles back to the Jeep when Theo lifted up a lily flower and then dropped it into the small creek.

"Oh, my God!" Stiles quietly gasped and then grabbed them both and turned around. "Go! We have to go!"

"What?" Liam raised a brow. "Why?"

"Just go," Neriah quietly ordered, pushing them in front of her as they hurried away. "We should've never come here."

"That's the bridge where they found his sister," Stiles said, rubbing a hand down his face.

"What sister?" Liam asked.

"The one that got lost and died from exposure," Neriah informed him and then sent Stiles a pointed look. "He's leaving a flower for her, and we just spied on him doing that!"

"That doesn't sound evil," Liam pointed out.

"I know!" Stiles groaned and then came to a stop, throwing an arm out in front of Neriah who grabbed the back of Liam's hoodie—the three of them looking at Theo standing on a tree branch. "Well, that's not creepy."

"Shut up," Neriah whispered, pushing Liam behind her when Theo jumped down, staring at them.

"What you guys doing?" Theo asked with a small smile, walking toward them.

Liam grabbed Neriah's arm, pulling her behind him as he growled at Theo, stepping up to Stiles' side.

"You know I'm stronger than you, right?" Neriah muttered with a roll of her eyes.

Theo stopped in place, putting his hands up. "Whoa. Why do I get the feeling this kid's tougher than he looks?"

"Only when we let him off his leash," Stiles said, putting a hand on Liam's shoulder. "Fun fact, he's got raging anger issues."

"Stiles, we were in Little League together," Theo said, tilting his head. "Why are you so suspicious of me?"

Stiles hesitated but pulled the papers out of his pocket. "Because of these." Theo took the papers from him. "One's a speeding ticket signed by your dad eight years ago. The other one's a signature on a transfer form to Beacon High. They're different."