Chapter 17: Shadow

Start from the beginning

Reeka immediately grew sad and concerned. She went over to them and asked if she could hold him. The girls allowed it and handed him to Reeka.

Reeka held Marshadow like he was a baby. "Marshadow...I won't ask what the nightmare was about, but if you ever need someone to talk to about your fears, I'll be there to listen in a heartbeat. I also know what it's like to be scared of something that plagues your nightmares. I'm sure Jaydin has said stuff like this to you already, but I'll also be there to say it to you as well" she said in a soothing voice with a smile and her eyes closed.

Marshadow was surprised to hear all that. He once again felt the same warmth he only got from Jaydin. He nuzzled into Reeka's chest as she rubbed his back.

"Thank you...Reeka..." he said with an emotional tone.

"You're welcome sweetie" she said.

The two pulled apart. They smiled while blushing. Marshadow then nuzzled his cheek against Reeka's, making her giggle.

Everyone watched with amazement and happy smiles. All of Jaydin's Pokemon became overwhelmed with cuteness overload at seeing the two interact. Reeka's Pokemon smiled happily and experienced cuteness overload as well.

Zoroark and Greninja watched with their claws/webbed hands over their respective chests. It warmed their hearts seeing Reeka showcasing how much she cares about Marshadow.

'She's the one...' they both thought.

Jaydin watched with a soft smile. It made him so happy seeing Marshadow having that facial expression, not to mention seeing Reeka show so much care for him.

While everyone was touched by this, the one who was most affected by this was Pikachu. To her, she saw Reeka comforting her while she was still a Pichu. Something about that made her heart skip a beat, not to mention how cute Marshadow looked at the end. This made her blush and confused about said blushing.

After a few minutes everyone calmed down. Jaydin and Reeka recalled everyone except Zoroark and Pikachu and headed out.

When they entered homeroom all their other classmates minus Barbara, which were 17 of them, came up to them.

"Did you guys hear the news?" One of them asked.

"News? What news?" Jaydin asked.

"There's gonna be a huge announcement next week, and it'll be from a special guest" they said with excitement.

"Special guest? Do we know who?" Reeka asked curiously.

"No, but there's tons of rumors going around about who it'll be. Some say it might be Ash while others say it might be Diantha or another person like her" one of the students answered.

This made Jaydin and Reeka very interested. However rumors are rumors, so they'll take everything with a grain of salt for now. Jaydin's group started to walk towards their desks but the 5 other girls in the class suddenly appeared in front of Reeka.

"Hey Reeka, can we talk to you for a sec?" One of them asked.

Reeka looked at Jaydin, who nodded. Reeka walked with the girls to a spot away from the others. Once far enough away, one of them spoke.

"So um, we know it was sudden and we kinda put you on the spot yesterday, but we really are sorry for how we've treated you up until now" one of them said with a guilty face.

"Yeah. Honestly I have no idea why we did it in the first place. After all, you didn't even do anything wrong" another said.

Reeka and Pikachu were shocked by these words. It was true that she didn't expect them to apologize to her yesterday out of nowhere, making her feel a little overwhelmed, but she still meant what she said to them.