chapter 7 - Diagon Alley

Pov - Harry

After finishing our breakfast we started heading towards Diagon Alley. We are going to Gringotts first as Percy wanted to withdraw money. Dad has been acting weird with him. Initially he was very suspicious of Percy. I saw the I-don't-trust-you look on him. But now he is very much interested in him.

I don't have any problem with Percy. He seems like a nice guy. He is polite. In fact he is alone. He didn't have anyone with him. Usually when kids shop with their parents for school. But he is all alone and he doesn't seem to know his way around here. He also mentioned he is from America. Did he come here all alone from America?

"So Percy. You came alone?" I asked. I am curious to know.

"Yeah" he said as if it is normal for a thirteen-year old to be alone in a foreign country buying school stuff.

"Your mom and dad let you alone in an unknown place all alone?" I asked. This seemed to have gained dad and stef's interest. Percy also looked nervous like he doesn't want to talk about it.

"My dad's not really around and my mom wanted to come but she couldn't....." He trailed off. As if he didn't want to continue. I looked at my dad and Stef. Stef slightly shaked her head asking me not to continue this conversation. We reached Gringotts.

We entered into Gringotts and went to the goblin. "We would like to make a withdrawal from our respective vault." Dad said.

"Names please." The goblin said.

James Potter and...." He looked at Percy. Percy was looking her and there around the bank. He was admiring the surrounding.

Wait a minute.

He is admiring a bunch of grumpy looking goblins?

I nudged him and whispered " They are asking your name for withdrawal."

He looked back at us slightly embarrassed and said "Ahm yeah it's Perseus Jackson."

"So Percy is short for Perseus?" I asked.

"Yeah"

Before I could ask something the goblin interrupted us. "Mr. Jackson do you have your key?"

"Oh yeah." He took a key out of the backpack he carried with him. He handed the key to the goblin. The goblin also took the key from dad and asked us to follow him.

We sat on the cart and it started going down the steep way. The cart started gaining speed and had a lot of twists and turns like a maze. The cart was so fast that I could literally feel it cutting through the air. I started screaming like hell. But I was not the only one who was screaming. Percy was also screaming.

Damn he is scared.

He is taking deep breaths and he looks really scared. The cart came to a halt at vault 658. Griphook the goblin opens the vault. It had small heaps of galleons, sickles and Knuts. Percy took a bunch of all of them.

After that we went to our walt and made a withdrawal.

When we came out of the tunnel Percy was shivering.

"I just don't do well with underground places that are too deep."

"It's ok kid. It's over come on we'll get you a milkshake before going for school shopping. What do you say."

Percy just nodded his head. He is still scared. I can see it.

..............

Pov - Percy

To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was freaking terrified. That tunnel was so deep and dark. It reminded me of Tartarus. When I was in the underworld, I peaked into Tartarus. It looked like a dark endless pit. Grover and I almost fell into it.