Epilogue: Stupid in Love

Start from the beginning

Wonwoo folds the note, and moves back to the room to pick an outfit.

Oh, did I mention? Wonwoo also developed an interest in owning quirky, one-of-a-kind outfits in the past year. Any clothing unlike its kind that catches Wonwoo's eye, he gets it. He turned out to like doing his own makeup too, and he uses every chance he gets to his fullest.

Contents of his wardrobe strike vibrantly at Wonwoo's eyes when he opens it. And so does another note placed in the colourful chaos of his closet. Wonwoo reads that too.

Hi again,

Wondering why I didn't send you a text? Well, a man likes to do cute stuff like this for his boyfriend, it's nothing much.

And please don't be late, I'll freak out.

Wonwoo still can't understand how Mingyu knows him so well. A smitten smile playing on his lips, Wonwoo keeps this note safely too, and returns to sifting through his clothes.

Mingyu knew well enough, setting the time as 8 in the evening, instead of anytime earlier. Wonwoo spends a lot of time getting his outfit to perfection. And he manages to take Mingyu's breath away every fucking time.

Almost two hours and a mini-breakdown later, Wonwoo decides it's time to get ready, and so he gets his makeup done. He goes for something relatively simple today: just a soft, greyish monochrome look highlighting his eyes the most.

Once he's satisfied, Wonwoo moves on to his outfit, which he still questions as he puts it on. In the end, he decides not to change anything. He checks the time on his phone, freaking out when he realises he only has thirty minutes until the clock strikes eight.

With one last look at himself in the mirror, Wonwoo nearly checks himself out. Mildly flashy, and something he's never worn before, Wonwoo pulls off an open-heart, beaded dress shirt,
(A/N: Please tell me you know what I mean because some dude on TikTok did it and I think Wonwoo would slay the look😳)
paired with black trousers with subtle, silver embroideries along one leg's side.

Wonwoo hurries, grabs a chic purse on his way out, throws the house keys in, and bolts towards the elevator within five minutes.

He books a taxi, not wanting to recreate the traumatising incident he had in the subway recently (it's for me to tell some other time), and taps his foot as he waits for it to arrive.

To his relief, he doesn't have to wait for long, as he gets in the vehicle a few minutes later. He relays the address to the polite driver, and the car speeds off.

Mingyu never remembers being this nervous for his presentations at office or even at university, for that matter. He's been at the destination for so long, he's made friends with the friendly waitress attending to his table every now and then, asking him whether he wants anything or offering him a cold glass of water whenever he looks like he needs it.

"Sir?" She inquires as she enters the private booth Mingyu booked. "Are you expecting someone?"

"Yeah."

"Special occasion?"

"Yeah," He buries his face in his hands. "It's supposed to be a happy one, I don't even know why I'm so jumpy!" Cries Mingyu.