Under the influence

Chapter 5: Under the Influence

The night weighed heavily on Bellamy's shoulders as he wrestled with the turmoil of his own emotions. He had overheard Clarke's heated exchange with Finn while walking past her tent. The memory of Clarke's rejection of Finn echoed in his mind, leaving him to wonder if perhaps he was the one she truly cared for. But he couldn't allow himself to dwell on such thoughts, not when there were more pressing matters at hand. Matters such as makeshift alcohol from jobi nuts.

In a fit of reckless abandon, Bellamy sought solace in the comforting embrace of jobi tea, the bitter taste of the concoction doing little to numb the ache in his heart. With each sip, he felt the weight of his burdens grow lighter, the haze of intoxication clouding his mind and dulling his senses.

But as the night wore on and the effects of the jobi tea took hold, Bellamy's anger bubbled to the surface, his pent-up frustration seeking release in the form of a physical confrontation. He sought out Finn, his fists clenched at his sides as he confronted the boy who had wronged Clarke, and owed Raven an apology.

"You think you can just walk all over Clarke like she's nothing?" Bellamy seethed, his voice thick with anger as he faced off against Finn.

Finn's eyes widened in surprise at the venom in Bellamy's words, his own anger flaring in response. "Who the hell do you think you are, Blake?" he shot back, his voice laced with defiance.

But Bellamy wasn't about to back down, not when Clarke's honor was at stake. "I'm the one who's going to make you pay for hurting her," he growled, his voice low and dangerous.

The confrontation escalated quickly, devolving into a heated exchange of blows as Bellamy and Finn clashed in a battle of wills. But as the chaos unfolded around them, Clarke slept soundly in her tent, unaware of the turmoil raging just outside.

Drunk on jobi tea and consumed by his own rage, Bellamy stumbled through the darkness, his footsteps unsteady as he made his way back to his tent. But in his intoxicated state, he took a wrong turn, mistaking Clarke's tent for his own.

As Bellamy collapsed onto the ground, his thoughts swirling in a drunken haze, Clarke stirred from her sleep, her eyes fluttering open in confusion as she found herself face to face with the last person she expected to see.

"Bellamy?" she whispered, her voice filled with bewilderment as she gazed down at him, her heart pounding in her chest as she realized the gravity of the situation.

But Bellamy was already lost to the world, his breathing steady and even as he drifted off into a drunken slumber, leaving Clarke alone with her thoughts and the unsettling realization that their tangled emotions were far from resolved. And as she lay there, watching over him in the dim light of dawn, she couldn't help but wonder what the future held for them, and if they would ever find their way back to each other.