Mrityunjay's cousins were teasing him, but he ignored them and made the hundredth eye contact with Vidya, no words, no smile, just staring at each other. Mrityunjay's eyes turned soft every time he saw Vidya meanwhile Vidya's, struggled to accept the fact that he was the man of her life.

Suddenly, Randhir and Kaushika (his wife) captured the spotlight breaking their eye contact.
"Mrityunjay bhai didn't invite us to his engagement", kaushika snapped.

"He invited us but because of you we didn't reach Bhabhi's house on time..." Randhir retorted with an annoyed expression.

"You booked the flight!!" She replied with a done face and added further, "By the way bhabhi ji... Can't your father afford the expenses of other functions? I mean he only arranged an engagement ceremony and now other ceremonies will be arranged at our villa..."

Mrityunjay cleared his throat before she could say something further and exclaimed, "Don't you know how to shut up? Should I cross my limits the way you crossed yours?" He raised his brow.

"If she doesn't know about anything whether it's how to shut up or about her limits, not a big deal Mrityunjay..." Vidya replied with a playful smile, everyone's tensed gaze shifted towards Vidya while Mrityunjay chuckled at her response. "I can teach her. Alright, Kaushika." She added looking straight into her eyes. Kaushika rolled her eyes.

"Sorry!" Randhir reminded.

"I'm sorry!!" She muttered and exited the garden area.

Mrs. Rathore approached Vidya and whispered, "Sorry for Kaushika's behavior beta, by the way, you taught her well."

"Why are you sorry Aunty? Aur aap hume sabashi derhi hai, hume laga datengi..." Vidya exclaimed calmly.
(You're praising me, I thought you'd scold me.)

"Apni beti ko kyu datne lage bhala hum." She chuckled and patted her head and moved towards Mrityunjay meanwhile Vidya's eyes watered at the mention of 'beti'. She tried to push back the tears but failed.
(Why would I scold my daughter.)

Akshita noticed quickly and leaned down to ask, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, mumma bhi hume ese hi proudly 'apni beti' bolti thi isliye thoda emotional hogye.", she said and wiped her tears.

"Ohoo... Tum roti hui nahi rulate hue achi lagti ho Vidi babu" Akshita exclaimed dramatically.
(You look good when you make others cry not when you cry.)

"Sahi baat hai. Ab aap humare Bhai ko rulayengi bhabhi" Randhir chimmed in.
(Right. Now you'll make my brother cry.)

"Jaise abhi tumhari biwi ko rulaya hai." Anirudh snapped at which everyone laughed.
(Just like she made your wife cry.)

After the playful banter ended, the function came to an end. The haldi washed off from the couple, with the hope of washing off Vidya's hate for Mrityunjay too. Elders showered their blessings to them and everyone moved to their respective rooms.

MEHANDI / SANGEET FUNCTION

The day started with mehandi function preparations, the garden area and terrace were filled with fragrance of fresh flowers and henna. Around 10 a.m. groom's side gathered in the garden and the bride's side gathered at the terrace. Everyone was dressed in the theme color green.
The bride was dressed in a beautiful green sharara, the embroidery work was way more perfect, she got lots of applause from the guests for her breathtaking natural look, and so did the groom who looked tempting in a green kurta and dhoti.