𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

The Bishop girl gasped when she felt a sudden pain shoot through her side. It was not that bad, but it was unexpected. She looked down to see that her shirt was torn, and there was a small gash running across her abdomen. She furrowed her eyebrows until she saw arrows landing all around them. Monroe declared, "Grounders!"

"Monroe, cover us. Go!" Ivy told her, and she released one arm to throw the girl a gun as she scrambled up to catch it and start firing.

Bellamy spoke again, confirming that he and Mel were still on the rope, even though it was pretty obvious judging by the three teenagers yanking the rope with all of their strength. "How many are there?"

"We can't see 'em!" Finn answered, and he glanced back at Monroe, who was just kind of firing aimlessly into the distance, not sure where the hell the Grounders were. He examined where the arrows were coming from before informing her, "In the trees! In the trees! Aim for the trees!"

"No, no, no!" the girl with the gun shrieked, and the redheaded girl glanced back to see her groaning on the ground with an arrow stuck in her leg.

Bellamy was yelling, and Ivy was not sure whether or not he was speaking to Mel or the people on the rope. It was probably both, but she could only make out a few phrases because of everything happening — the pulling, the arrows, the gunshot, it was all too much. "Just hang on."

"We're gonna need to cut her loose," Murphy grunted out, and before either of the people in front of him responded, he yelled down to the boy dangling over the cliff, which was kind of cruel when Mel was right there and could hear perfectly well. "Bellamy, you got to cut her loose!"

"No way!"

They all looked back when they heard a loud horn sound echo throughout the clearing. It was very familiar, and Ivy suddenly recalled what it was associated with. "Acid fog."

"Monroe, get back on the rope!" Finn ordered, no longer concerned with the arrows flying at them because they grounders would retreat as well if acid fog was coming. However, they needed to get Bellamy and Mel up before the fog came for them and killed them all. Ivy recalled Atom's screams and how they had to put him out of his misery when he got caught in the green mist.

They finally successfully pulled Bellamy and Mel, at least far enough that they could climb the few feet left. Mel collapsed on top of Finn, who was breathing heavily and laying down because of the exhaustion. She sobbed out. "Thank you. Thank you."

Bellamy sat down next to the redheaded girl, and she could see his flustered face slightly below all of the blood, bruises, and dirt. He looked over to Murphy who was still holding the seat belt, and he nodded at him, letting him know that he did good. He then furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the cut on the girl's side through the giant hole in her shirt.

"I'm fine. It's just a graze," she assured him when she noticed him staring. She was honestly more worried about the shirt because it was the only clothing she had. She prayed that they had more at the camp that would fit her. He nodded with a relieved sigh that she was okay and that they had made it.

Finn stood up slowly, pointing out. "We have to take cover from the fog."

"Bellamy," came a familiar voice, and Ivy and the Blake boy looked up to see the happy face of Octavia standing about twenty yards away from them. The Bishop girl breathed out in disbelief. She had not seen her since during the battle, when she was hurt, and Lincoln took her away. She was pretty sure she was not going to see her for a while.

Bellamy shook his head with a chuckle once his eyes met his sister's, and he stood up slowly as Ivy and Murphy did the same, groaning because their arms felt like noodles. "No, we don't."