𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

THEY WERE ALL LOWERING BELLAMY DOWN THE CLIFF

THEY WERE ALL LOWERING BELLAMY DOWN THE CLIFF. They had constructed a rope made out of seatbelt for the most part since they were the most secure things they could find. They had tied as many as they could together and then wrapped it around the Blake boy like a belt around his waist.

"All right. Ease it out slowly," he told the four. They nodded and slowly began to release the rope, always making sure that they had at least one hand on it at all times. As he was lowered, he kept reassuring Mel until he finally reached her. "I'm almost there. It's ok. I got you. I got you. Just put your arms around me."

"I can't," Ivy heard her whimper, the echo a bit louder that the sound of her friends grunting and groaning, trying to keep the rope steady as they held it. One slip-up could cause the whole thing to go south. They needed Bellamy, and they could not let either him or Mel die.

After a moment of convincing her that she was strong and could do this, he finally got her to grab onto him on the promise that the 'rope' was stable and would not break. He called up to the group, "I got her! Pull us up!"

"Don't you worry, Bellamy," Murphy assured him through gritted teeth. "I won't drop you."

"You're not helping, asshole," Ivy told him, causing him to look at her with furrowed eyebrows and an offended expression, wondering why the hell she hated him so much.

Finn rolled his eyes at the two arguing, and before Murphy could protest, he cut in, "Just pull, Murphy." John scoffed when he was the one getting yelled at when he was just trying to show Bellamy that he was trustworthy. Ivy made it into a big deal.

"Aah!" the cockroach exclaimed moments later. Ivy was confused when she fell to the ground, but then she realized that the belts had snapped/ She looked up with a panicked expression to see that Murphy was holding the end attached to Bellamy with one arm, and no one else was with him. "Come on! A little help!"

"What the hell is happening up there?" Bellamy shouted angrily as the other three scrambled to assist Murphy. Ivy got in between Finn and Murphy, and they were practically on the ground because of how hard they were pulling.