𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

THE SCREAMING WAS DRIVING EVERYONE IN THE CAMP CRAZY

THE SCREAMING WAS DRIVING EVERYONE IN THE CAMP CRAZY. Ever since they had rescued Jasper, he had not stopped screaming. None of them could get any sleep, especially Clarke since she was tending to his every need every single time he screamed, which was all the time. Ivy, Wells, Finn, Enzo, and Monty were al watching as Clarke took out a knife. "Hold him still. I need to cut away the infected flesh."

"Stop it!" Octavia shrieked as she came running into the drop ship. She saw what Clarke was doing, and her eyes widened. She kneeled down next to her and shook her head. "You're killing him."

"She's trying to save his life," Finn corrected, but judging by the sounds that Jasper was making, he was not very excited by the procedure. Ivy and Wells struggled to hold the boy down as he squirmed, and Clarke was trying her hardest not to mess up because of his moving.

Of course, Bellamy walked in next, and he shook his head, ever the pessimist. "She can't."

"Back off," Wells told him, and he stood up, leaving Ivy to hold Jasper down on her own. Luckily, Monty and Enzo took his place and put their weight down on the Jordan boy to keep him from moving too much.

Everyone in the room glared at the Blake boy, including his sister. They did not almost get mauled by a panther for him to die. What was the point of that? "We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die."

"Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded," Bellamy continued, and his negative energy was not helping the situation at all. If he was going to be like that, he could get out. "He's making people crazy."

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters," Clarke informed him, and it was true. The faster their numbers declined, the more likely it was that they would not survive down there.

The older boy just gestured to Jasper like it was obvious that he was going to die and there was no point in believing anything else. "Take a look at him. He's a lost cause."

"Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope," the Griffin girl assured her since it was obvious that she was very worried.