"Y/N!" As the chaser, she took off after you, calling your name over and over and over.

Maybe the engines were too loud, maybe you were too wrapped up in your own thoughts, but you didn't stop.

You kept running.

Led by the confused groom, those that filled the church spread into the chapel's lot watching the madness take place. Many conversations about what this meant for the marriage, what this meant for the families and what this meant for you.

"Y/N!" Phoebe screamed as the two turned onto the main road.

Phoebe remembered that just up the street, was a four way stop. She would use it to her advantage. Entirely out of breath, heart pounding unhealthily in her chest, she rushed forth.

"Y/N! PLEASE, STOP!" She wailed, loud enough for your friend to hear her.

The other motorist looked at his side view mirrors, catching the runaway bride. He braked so hard a blow out should've occurred. Your friend lifted his face shield, ensuring he was seeing Phoebe, who was successfully passing him. "Y/N!"

You reached the stop sign, leaning on a foot as the cars passed. On your turn, you checked for your friend so you could both leave, but you weren't going to be leaving with him. In fact, you weren't going to be leaving anytime soon...not with a breathless, disheveled Phoebe standing at your side.

You kicked your side stand out and swiftly removed your helmet to see if your eyes were playing tricks. They were red with half fallen tears after all.

"Phoebe —" you glanced over your shoulder , spotting your friend and the almost weds' families invading the street. "Wh-what are you doing?" You searched her face for answers.

"I'm choosing you." She confessed quickly, taking the sides of your face. Her chest still rising and falling rapidly.

"B-but," you blinked fast before staring into her doe eyes. "Y-You already chose Cole."

Phoebe shook her head. "I changed my mind."

"Pheebs...," you trailed looking to the pavement, "It's your wedding day... his wedding day... don't hurt him ...not for me, please."

"I'd hurt him more if I said 'I do,' and thought about you everyday." You met her gaze.

You got emotional as you bore into each other's souls, recognizing how incomplete one was without the other.

You let out a shaky breath. It was terrifying to accept how bored your soul was without hers to play with. How bored of a divine playground it must be to run and never be caught. To hide and never be seeked.

Phoebe sniffled. It was terrifying to accept how bored her soul was without yours to play with. How bored of a divine playground it must be to chase invisible prey. To seek and nothing be hidden.

Your souls gave each other purpose.

It was crucial to play your parts, otherwise stagnancy; what could, what should, what would,  was all you'd know.

But stagnancy also exists where there's nothing else to do.

If your soul's purpose exists dependent on the existence of another, would you ever break your limitation?

Would your love with Phoebe ever foster as something more?

"Phoebe... we're not... not good for each other." You croaked.

"But we're also not bad." Her voice cracked, a slight shrug.

You shed a tear. She didn't get it.

Phoebe sadly vented, "I know you're scared. Me too, but I can't live this life without you. I can't. Not anymore."

"Phoebe —" You whined as she reiterated, "I haven't chased you for my whole life nor down this street for you to keep running from me, Y/n. I'd try a thousand times and fail twice as many if it means I get to love you. I know you feel the same way."

An accurate assumption.

You bit your lip to contain another cry. "That's not healthy.... We shouldn't have to fail to love right."

"But if we don't, we'll never love again."

Her words moved you.

She was right.

Trial and error in love is how you build. Fate nor destiny has a say so with willpower, and a way.

Having accepted this, you surprisingly captured her lips. Immediately, your helmet hit the ground as her arms draped your shoulders. You needed her close. You snaked her waist, ensuring she didn't go anywhere. Not again. Your tongue were down each other's throat as soft, passionate moaning blended your souls beyond measure.

Down the road, hunched over on his knees, sat a broken Cole. He watched the whole ordeal, trying to rationalize this experience. All he could conclude was that his love wasn't enough to love a half soul to a full one.

She was better reunited with her divine counterpart: her twin flame.

* * *
WC: 1326
A/N: Short and to the point.

Life advice: If you choose your twin, understand the risk and don't be afraid to do the work!

It's going to be A LOT.