𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

Again, Carl misses the target.

The boy looks at his girlfriend in the corner of his eye, watching while she nods and begs him wordlessly with puckered lips. He sighs before nodding back at her, snatching the darts out of wall. "See you in a few days." Carl says under his breath, causing Kendall to celebrate within her mind.

"We should get going." Rick says to Aaron.

"Be safe." Kendall mutters, waving while they leave the room. "So.. you're coming with me?" She whispers in question after slowly shutting the door behind them. "Hmm?" Kendall hums, grasping the fabric of his shirt and pulling him close.

"Yeah.." Carl scoffs and smirks slightly.

"Thanks." She says after pecking his lips. "I'll go grab whatever supplies we have left.. meet me at the gate."

As the couple planned their escape— gathering supplies— there was another couple, Saige and Kareem, planning their very own supply run. A run given to them by Negan; they owe him and with this run, their payment could end up being their lives.

"A hospital?!" Kareem whisper-shouts, looking at the door and cringing; keeping his voice low the next time he speaks. "A building like that is crawling with dead people, and we're gonna be in that?"

"We owe him." Is all Saige says before starting to pace around the kitchen.

"I don't owe him a goddamn thing." He laughs dryly, shaking his head in frustration. "I am not dying for him."

"What if we survive?" Saige questions, placing her hands on the kitchens island before leaning in and murmuring. "I know that hospital, okay? Inside and out. If we plan this right, we can get in and get out."

"Tell me what you know—"

"Kareem!" The familiar creak of the front door opening and closing caught the attention of the two causing them to straighten up. "Kareem?!" The young girl calls again, rushing throughout the house in search of him.

"In the kitchen!" He shouts, glancing at the girl standing across from him.

"Yo.." Kendall trails off upon seeing Kareem in the kitchen alone with Saige. "Look, um, could you cover for me and Carl today..? We're going out— for a while."

"Where?" Kareem asks.

"I can't say."

"Kendall.."

"Kareem, I promise we'll be fine.. can you just cover for us today?"

Kareem narrows his eyes at her, tilting his head and crossing his arms before saying, "Alright, I promise I'll cover for you but if you guys aren't back by tonight.."

"We'll be back.. promise."

"Alright," He mutters, watching Kendall as left the kitchen before speaking Saige again. "What do you know about the hospital?"

"Aren't you gonna tell.. anyone about the run?" She questions, quirking an eyebrow at Kareem.

"No. Not right now."