Chapter 6: Wedding March

"...You know, I still find it hard to believe that I'm even in a relationship to begin with."

After much planning and running around, the big day had finally arrived, and Reala and Amigo were to be married. NiGHTS, who Reala had chosen to be his best...Maren, was present with him in the dressing room, as he contemplated what to wear to the ceremony. Before him was a strapping dark red tuxedo suit, and next to it, a beautiful mermaid dress of the same color that was adorned with feathers and lace designs all over, both of which he'd picked out himself.

"Oh don't be like that, Reala!" NiGHTS replied. "You have some traits that would make you desirable to someone...that someone just so happened to be Amigo!"

"Even so...I didn't think he'd like me so much as to want to have this big of a wedding to marry me..." Reala responded, looking rather perplexed the more he thought about it.

NiGHTS chuckled britishly as they moved a little closer to Reala.

"Reala...I know you can have a hard time realizing what he sees in you...but trust me, Amigo really does love everything about you!" They began. "Anytime I see him in Nightopia, the first thing he does is ask me for advice on how to make you happy and impress you on dates...and afterwards, he proceeds to go on and on about how happy he feels when he's spending time with you! I'm actually surprised he didn't propose to you sooner!" NiGHTS exclaimed.

Reala could hardly believe what NiGHTS had just told him. Amigo really did all of that to make sure he was happy??? That fool really was too good for him...

"So...if there's anything that would make Amigo happier than anything...it would be seeing you, walking down the aisle in that beautiful gown you have there." NiGHTS reassured him.

"I....I see..." Reala muttered, eyeing the wedding dress intently.

"I mean, you'd look stunning in it! I think you should wear the dress to the ceremony, and then wear the tuxedo during the party so you can dance with Amigo better." NiGHTS suggested  upon noticing his internal clothes dilemma.

"...I suppose that does actually make a lot more sense...can't believe it took me so long to figure out." Reala laughed, taking the wedding gown with him to the closet to get dressed.

After a little while, a question came to NiGHTS' mind. "...Hey, Reala?"

"Hm?"

"...Why'd you decide to invite Master Wizeman?"

Reala remained silent for a moment. Despite having finally, truly realizing all of the torment and anguish Wizeman put both him and NiGHTS through, thanks to Amigo giving him self worth...Reala couldn't help but still feel a sense of...relativity...towards him.

".....He's....still our father, NiGHTS...even despite all of his wrongdoings towards us, he is the one that brought us into existence..." Reala began.

NiGHTS remained silent, contemplating what they should respond with.

"...However..." Reala followed up. "...After this wedding, I intend on associating with him as little as possible...My new life with Amigo...that's all that will matter to me from now on."

".......That's great to hear, Reala." NiGHTS sighed in response. It had taken them a rather long time to have Reala understand just how cruel Wizeman was towards them both, especially him, but thanks to Amigo, it seems as though Reala was finally ready to begin a new chapter in his life, one that he could freely control himself.