Hang Out!

After a short walk, Ben and the demons/angel have made it home, and have been there for about twenty minutes.

Everyone is off doing their own thing: Modeus is reading, Malina is playing video games, Zdrada is bothering her sister, Cerberus is running around, Judgement is guarding the front door, she and Justice is just hanging out.

At the dining room table: Azazel, Monica, and Ben are each doing their own work.

Ben is in the middle of reading a book, a paper and pencil on the table. He yawns as he reads the book, pausing for a moment to write down something on the paper.

At that moment, Lucy passes through the room, but stops behind Ben and peers over his shoulder.

Lucy: "What exactly are you doing?"

Ben: "I'm reading this book for my English Class. I also have to answer questions as I read it."

Lucy: "What's the point in the questions?"

Ben: "To make sure that we're actually reading these books, I guess."

Lucy: "That's understandable. What are you reading?"

Ben turns the book over to see the title, before turning back to his page.

Ben: "The Hunger Games. It's honestly pretty good."

Lucy: "Really? What is it about?"

Ben: "A futuristic society where twelve districts are forced to participate in this event called "The Hunger Games" which are enforced by the capital."

Lucy: "The Hunger Games?" She sits down next to Ben. "Does it have to do with actual hunger?"

Ben: "No." He looks up from his book. "The Hunger Games are essentially where two kids from each district are put into a ring and have to fight to the death."

Lucy: "That's awfully morbid. Why do they have to do that?"

Ben: "The twelve districts apparently rebelled against the capitol, so the games are their way of punishing the districts." He looks back at the book. "You would have to read it in order to really understand the plot."

Lucy touches Ben's book with one hand, a glow emitting from her other. The light subsides, revealing an identical book to Ben's.

Ben: "Hm. Cool." He looks back at his book, turning a page. "Hope you enjoy it."

About 10 minutes later, Ben finishes reading his book and leaves the table. But Lucy remains at the table, seemingly engrossed in the book.

Ben enters the living room, and he sits down next to Zdrada on the right side of the couch.

Zdrada: "Yo."

Ben: "Hey. You still bothering your sister?"

Zdrada: "When am I not?"

Ben: "When you're asleep?"

Zdrada cackles, and Malina rolls her eyes in annoyance. Zdrada and Ben high-five as they continue watching Malina play.

Ben: "Hey, Malina? Do you need anything?"

Malina: "No." She takes a swig of Vodka. "I'm fine."

Ben: "Alright then." He stands up. "Call for me if you change your mind."

Ben moves over to the armchair, which Modeus is sitting in while reading a book.

Ben sits down on the arm of the chair, looking at the book in Modeus's hands.

Ben: "How you holding up with that book?"