Chapter 2

“you should learn the perfect etiquette when it comes to other people.” ever since i was a kid, my Mom’s always teaching me the things that a “perfect” daughter should do. i never has a chance to the real me and if did show the real me, i’ll get criticized and judged.

i really love sketching but i was forced to take the same path my Mom go to. i love to wear pajamas but my mother said that it’s forbidden since i’m a girl. i really love traveling to new places but because of modeling here in this country, i can’t. i love kids but because of the reputation i need to consider, i never have a chance to talk to any kids as i might get issue.

because of being the “perfect” daughter, i was never me.

“Hermione!! what did you just did??” my Mom said hesterically. “you just had a bruise on your face!”

the 7 years old me think that she was worried.

“i-i’m not hurt---”

“you have a photoshoot this upcoming weekend!! they will definitely cancel the photoshoot if you have this bruise!!” she said.

oh..

it was about the photoshoot again. it was about the dream she forced me to chase.. again.

“am i a dream chaser?” the 13 years old me, asked my Dad’s niece, Ate Cynthia. she’s alot years older than me. maybe 15 years.

“yes. you are, Mione. as long as you are chasing your dreams, you are a dream chaser.” she smiled at me.

“but, Ate Cynthia..” i pouted. “what if it’s not my dream?”

“hmm? what do you mean, Mione?”

“am i still a dream chaser if the dream i was chasing all this time was the dream everyone’s expecting me to have even if it’s not my dream?” i asked that makes her stop her tracks.

“Mione, you can chase and chase even if it’s just slow. kahit mabagal ang daloy ng pag habol mo sa ‘yong pangarap, you’re still a dream chaser.”

“but.. ate.. that doesn’t have anything to do with my question.” i pouted that makes her laugh.

“hope you find and chase your dreams one day. don’t take a different path that you don’t want. ayaw mong maligaw ‘di ba? take a path where you know you’ll never get lost.”

i closed my eyes when i remember my memories with ate Cynthia again. fuck. i miss her.

“oh? speechless much, Mione? ngayon mo lang na realize na bobo ka?” she laughed.

“stop, Evangeline.” wala akong masabi.

kahit anong gawin ko, habang buhay akong nakatali sa mga salita ng nanay ko.

“talk softly, it will make you more girly.”

“don’t use not FDA approved make up products.”

“you should use make up.”

“don’t forget your skincare!”

“oh, disgusting. you have a facial hair?? shave it now!”

“don’t eat like that!”

“don’t walk like that!”

“don’t eat that! it will make you fat!”

“don’t sit like that!”

“don’t chew like that!”

“fix your posture!”

my eyes started to get teary and before i breakdown Infront of Evangeline, i ran away and go to janitor’s closet. i hide and cried.

i-i don’t know what to do.. i don’t know what to believe. shit, why i suddenly had a breakdown in school. my tears are going down my cheeks. i don’t wanna be like this.. but isn’t this what am i supposed to be? the “perfect” daughter, family, classmate, friend and acquaintance?

hindi ba dapat maganda ako? i should stay pretty or i’ll be worthless. pero putangina. kahit pala maganda ako, hindi pa rin ako ang perpektong tao na gusto nila. i’m stupid, i’m getting average grades unlike Blaire..

bakit? ginawa ko naman ang lahat para maging maganda, para maging perpekto. hindi ako kumakain para lang mapanatili ang kung ano ang katawan ko ngayon, gumagamit ako ng mga bagay katulad ng make up and skincares para mapanitili ang mukha ko.

pero... bakit si Blaire ang naging perpekto? bakit kahit wala siyang ginagawa, naging siya ang pinapangarap ko maging ako at pinag hirapan kong maging ako??

i saw a knife beside me.. and there, i suddenly have this urge to..

i take that knife and was about to slice my face using it but the door suddenly swung open, revealing the ash-grey haired guy.

Yule...

“Luna..” my face lit up..

he was the first guy who called me by my first name.