05

" LATE NIGHT VISITOR "

" THE GIRL, UNTRUE, IF SHE CLAIMED NO MISS.
FOR THE DEMON'S ABSENCE, A VOID TO KISS.
SO IN THE DANCE OF SHADOWS,
WHERE MYSTERIES ABIDE.
SHE WELCOMES HIM,
WITH CURIOSITY AS HER GUIDE. "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When you had woken up, it was already one in the afternoon. Jumping out of bed, you wasted no time in getting ready. You had a quick snack before leaving the estate, making your way back into the woods, towards the cabin.

One part of you was telling yourself to turn back, to never go into the woods again – to stay away from the demon.

But the other part of you was winning, dragging you back into the darkness of the woods, into the shadows of the cabin.

You finally had the chance to live your life the way you have always wanted to. No longer tied down by your husband's rules and demands, you made good use of this opportunity.

Threading through the trees, now familiar with its once confusing paths, you easily found your way to the cabin where you were hoping to see Akaza.

However, upon your arrival, a group of swordsmen surrounded the area, swords drawn as they scanned their surroundings.

"Miss!" Startled by the voice behind you, you jumped in your spot behind a tree.

"Oh, uhm. Hello." You greeted the man with a small wave and an awkward smile.

"What are you doing?" he asked with a voice full of authority.

"I was just..." Your voice trailed off as you thought of an excuse. "Taking a walk?"

"Well, I'm going to have to ask you to go somewhere else."

"Why?" You glanced at the cabin, watching as people walked in and out of it. You wondered if Akaza was all right.

"It's really dangerous here, so until we are done with the investigation, you have to go somewhere else."

The man, along with another one of his masked comrades, escorted you out of the woods before rushing back in.

With a helpless sigh, you dragged yourself back to the estate, unintentionally slamming the front door shut.

"Back already?" Mika asked, walking over to you with a broom in one hand. "That was quick."

"Yeah..." you mumbled, subconsciously rubbing the scar on your forehead.

"You look upset," Mika stated. "But worry not!" Sticking a hand into her pocket, she takes out an envelope and hands it to you. "A letter from your little sister!"

Perking up at the mention of your sister, you snatch the envelope out of Mika's grasp, tearing it open and reading it.

As you reach the end of the letter, an idea pops into your mind.

You lift your gaze, just in time to see Mika walking away to return to her sweeping.

"Hold on." Reaching a hand out, you grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her towards you. "I've got an idea."

Taking the broom out of her hand, you leaned it against the wall before hooking arms with her. "Take a break. Visit my family with me."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So fast!" Mika exclaims, her face practically pressed against the window. "It's making me dizzy..."

"Then stop looking and sit down?" You laughed, tugging her back down onto her seat.