°16, straight to the dressing room

CHAPTER SIXTEENirl, social media

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
irl, social media

irl !

VIOLET took a deep breath, staring back at herself in her dressing room mirror. tonight was a really big night for her.

it was her first show since she released her last 4 songs, her first show since all of the hate she's been getting, and to top it all off the triplets and going to be there. and brynn.

she was nervous to say the least. she's been having nightmares about this very moment. she knows it's highly unlikely for any of them to come true, but the more her comments fill up the less she believes that.

violet breathed in and out as she shook out her nerves while waiting to go on stage. in less than a minute, she'd be out there, hopefully not getting booed off immediately.

"vee, you'll be okay. everything is gonna go fine." gracie stood next to violet, trying to calm her down. when violet started pacing back and forth gracefully groaned. "okay, stop moving you're giving me motion sickness." she grabbed violets arm, stopping her.

"i don't think that's how that works, but okay." violet furrowed her eyebrows, turning to look at her best friend.

"listen, you need to stop overthinking. everything is going to be okay. these people are all here tonight because they want to see you. they're here because they love you, and i love you. so fuck all of the other people and what they think, because you're so important." gracie spoke slowly with a small smile.

violet stopped herself from letting tears fall from her eyes. gracie always knew how to make her feel better, no matter what the situation was. she fanned her face with her hands, breaking into a big smile.

she gave gracie and bone-crushing hug and sighed happily. "alright, i'm ready." she smiled lightly, looking toward the stage.

"yes you are. now go out there and get your man back!" gracie pushed her forward jokingly, running back from behind the stage to where her seat was next to nick.

violet took one final deep breath as her music played and she ran out on stage. she felt a complete sense of relief wash over her as the sound of applause rushed into her ears.