Chapter 11

Saphira stared at Springtrap's silver eyes as he stared back at her in disbelief. Hearing his voice for the first time was something she had once thought was not possible. But he spoke. His voice was deep, a little grainy and dry, but his voice also sounded pleasant to her ears. Though he was surprised, and not angry at this time. Saphira had not really thought about what his voice would sound like if he spoke, so she certainly had no expectation. But now she was quite interested. Especially as talking to the animatronics in a proper conversation used to be her dream.

"It is you...right, Saphira?" Springtrap spoke again, narrowing his eyes slightly as his eyes glanced over her whole body curiously. "But...it cannot be...but your eyes are as deep, and as green as her eyes...you skin reflects the light and your hair shines..." Saphira had no idea he thought like that and she felt her cheeks heating up a little as she listened to him. He glanced at her necklace again before he frowned slightly. "Will you not answer me?"

Saphira swallowed nervously and grabbed her ponytail to twirl in her finger nervously. "Um...yes..." Springtrap's ears twitch upward slightly as she responded. She cleared her throat and smiled a little at him. "Yes...it...it is me, Springtrap. I am the same Saphira you knew." He widened his eyes slightly as he stared at her in shock. "Um...there's so much to talk about. I never thought you could talk, but I am glad..." She flinched as she heard the sound of the system changing from the day system to the night system as she was not paying attention to it.

"Glad?" Springtrap frowned again, and Saphira flinched as he sounded angry suddenly. He shook his head and growled lightly. "You are glad? Are you seriously telling me that you are glad?" Saphira was confused and she did not know what he meant. "I don't believe that ten years later is equivalent to coming back the day after, Saphira. I waited, and waited thinking you might have caught the stomach bug from your brother after that day. But you never came back."

Saphira at least got her answer that he was angry at her, and she felt the guilt already. "I know...I am sorry..." That seemed to make Springtrap angrier as his frown deepened at her response. She bit her lower lip for a moment before she continued to speak. "I wish I could have come back sooner. I would have told you what happened. But..." Saphira felt tears in her eyes and clenched them shut for a moment to hold them back. "It was my parents who kept me away, Springtrap. I didn't have a choice."

"That might be true." She reopened her eyes and jumped as he took a step forward, though he now had a menacing presence coming from him. "However..." He clenched his hands and Saphira stepped aside to move away from the wall, which Springtrap did not stop her, but he turned his body to follow her. "I know you might think it is foolish, Saphira. But I have a deep wound. You gave me that bracelet, showed me that necklace to prove we were best friends forever. And I believed you. I guess you still believe it."

Saphira nodded as she caressed the pendent gently. "Yeah...I do. I never forgot you, Springtrap. A lot happened when I left the pizzeria the last day we saw each other. It really did. I wish I could take it back, because..." Saphira tried to fight the tears, but it was hard. "My life has not been good since. I wish I could tell you that I am excelling in school, that I am going to go to college...but I..."

Springtrap growled lightly, interrupting Saphira and making her back away from him some more, and he stepped forward to follow slowly. "Seeing you now feels like I have seen a ghost, Saphira. Seeing you now, wearing that necklace around your neck, as if nothing has happened since we last saw each other, angers me. I did not get to see you grow up." He glanced over her body again and his expression softened to sadness as his ears droop to the side slightly. "You were this height..." He lifts his hand to the height Saphira used to be when she was a kid. "When I last saw you. But now you are a young woman. But..." Springtrap tilts his head slightly and frowned at her. "You seem to be thin for someone who is meant to be seventeen. Not that it bothers me..." He breathed in deeply, taking in her scent as Saphira continued to back away and his expression sharpened into a frown again. "Why did you come back after ten years, Saphira? Why?"