'Yeah, but you do' (Chapter 22)

__________

__________

I stand awkwardly on the Jetty alongside my big brother and our best friends, the same jetty that JJ and I were in a very compromising position only a couple hours ago. I fell asleep in Jays arms last night only to wake up in them. Luckily, we both woke up before John B. John B and Kie jump into the water to set up the drone as Pope, JJ and I watch them through the small screen.

"What's this right here?" JJ question reaching forward to press something on the screen. Pope quickly slaps his hand away.

"Don't touch that." He scolds the blonde making me laugh. We watch John B and Kie mucking around under the water.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ mumbles his appreciation as Pope rolls his eyes at him.

"Yeah, he'll be the only one of us with money." I laugh going to light myself a joint.

"Seriously, what would we do without you controlling the drone." JJ tells the boy. We'd probably be on a beach enjoying a nice cold beer instead of following a fucking treasure hunt.

"Technically, it's not a drone, it's an ROV." Pope tries to explain making JJ and I groan.

"Shut up! Shut up! It's too early for that right now." Once JJ finishes his scolding, my brother and Kie break through the surface of the water.

"When we get footage of the wreck and gold, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B explains to the group.

"Such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" The blonde complains.

"Well, there is maritime salvage laws. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope adds to the conversation before JJ snatches the joint for my lips to take a hit.

"I know. Its just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." I explain the same thing my dad use to always rant about.

"How do you guys know all that?" Kie laughs with an impressed look.

"Our dad said it like a million times." John B voices sending a smile in my direction.

"The tethers really long. In the wrong weather, it can get push around." Pope says looking over the large drone.

"We have to wait for the right weather. Today is not that day." I state the obvious looking up at the dark sky.

The five of us decide that we should spend today running errands and making some spare change as we haven't done much this break. Pope suggested that JJ and I help his dad out with deliveries, which we quickly agreed too. So now Jay and I sit patiently alone in the Chateau waiting for Pope to pick us up.