'Can you get your butt the fuck out of my face!' (Chapter 12)

                                                            ___________________________________

Listening to JJ is a dumb idea, I learnt that years ago. CLEARLY, my brother has not. The group hangs back at the Chateau while John b goes to steal the tanks. The four of us stay seated outside as Kie begins to blabber to Pope with something to do with plastic and the environment. I let my eyes slowly travel to meet JJ's only to find he was already looking at me. The silence between us two is deafening, so I decide to do something about it. Pushing myself up from my chair I walk towards Jay with a small smile.

"Want to get a beer?" I ask lightly as I tap his shoulder and walk past him toward the chateau. I hear Pope mumble a quick good luck to the blonde as he gets up from his seat and begins to follow me inside. The two of us quietly make our way into the kitchen, he leans against the counter with his arms crossed as I open the fridge and grab two beers.

I pass him one of the cold cans as he mumbles a quick thanks. I can't help my mouth get instantly dry as I watch him take a large sip and his neck flex as he swallows. WHAT THE HELL SAM?! What if he saw you staring? I think I'm starting to lose my fucking mind. His eyes meet mine and in a panic from almost being caught staring, my eyes instantly jump down to look at my unopened beer. He clears his throat loudly going to speak.

"Can we not do this?" He questions sounding agitated and annoyed. My eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Do what?" I ask quietly.

"This!" He says motioning between the two of us. "This whole awkward, no talking thing. It's not us." He sighs causing me to smile. "Can we just forget about last night? What almost happened was stupid, I was drunk. Can we please forget about it, Sammy?" And just like that my smile is instantly gone. I knew it meant nothing to him but actually hearing the words makes me almost feel sick. I disguise my obvious disappointment with a laugh.

"Thank God! That was super weird." I laugh loudly. "Yeah, let's consider it forgotten." I smile up at him trying not to show the slight heartbreak I'm feeling.

"Great!" He laughs along. "Plus, if we ever, like, did...that. John b would literally rip my head off." He jokes even though we both know it is one hundred percent the truth. My brother is very overprotective so if he ever even thought that his best friend and his little sister were fooling around, he'd kill us both.

"I'm glad we're back to normal, Jay. Lets not ever let something get between us again, okay?" I mumble as he wraps his arms tightly around me and I rest my head flat on his chest. I feel his head lay on top of mine as we both hold each other tightly.

"Never again." Right as JJ mumbles a response we hear Kie shout from outside.

"John Bs back!"