thirty four: wattpad

Start from the beginning

He then remembers the conversation he had with Beomgyu that one time on the bus, even before they were dating;

'Aren't you afraid I might be using you?"

"-I know you won't use me, because you already have the popularity."

Taehyun starts to tremble from the shock. It was too much to take in;

That Beomgyu's secretly a Wattpad writer? No.

That maybe Beomgyu was really using Taehyun all this time, to be used in his story.

Taehyun loses the last straw as his eyes land on a certain paragraph from the story;

'"I'm breaking up with you." Hayden says, letting out a scoff the moment Jae wraps his arms around his, still in his bare state.

"What? No, why?? Was the sex not good? Was it-"

"Shut up!" Hayden smacks the latter's grip away. He takes the latter's cheek in his hands and squeezes them. "Don't you get it? And I thought you were smarter than this -"

"-it was a bet, loser. And thanks to you, I've won."

Taehyun shudders at what he read. As he tries to stand up from the chair, he ends up stumbling back, collapsing on the floor. Taehyun hisses in pain as he falls on his back. He then hears footsteps urgently coming.

"Bambi??" Beomgyu enters the room to find Taehyun on the floor. He immediately approaches the younger, eyes worried and grabs his by the shoulder to lift him up, only for his hand to be smacked away by Taehyun.

"Get away from me!" Taehyun shouts, not daring to look at the latter.

"Taehyun?? Hey, hey, what's wrong-"

"What's wrong??? You used me!! For a goddamn Wattpad story that is!" Taehyun exclaims, the feverish heat slowly starts crawling up his skin.

Beomgyu's eyes widen as he sees Taehyun's doe eyes brimming in tears. He then looks up to his study table to see his laptop left open at his Wattpad story.

SHIT.

Taehyun's eyes enlarge as he recalls something. He stares at Beomgyu in disbelief. Worse-

He looks at Beomgyu like a total stranger.

"No wonder! When I was at the convention, it was you on stage! You looked at me countless of times but I shrugged off the feeling-"

"Taehyun-"

"Now I know, it really is you..." Taehyun says softly, but the disbelief was crystal clear in his tone.

Beomgyu shook his head and instantly hugged the younger, Taehyun not hugging back.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-"

"For what? So, it really was you? You're the writer of that story?"

"Please, Taehyun-" Beomgyu pleads, his eyes becoming teary. Please, let me explain. I was stuck, I didn't have any ideas, I desperately needed one, and approaching you-"

Taehyun pushes Beomgyu away, tears streaming down his cheeks to the tip of his chin. "Approaching me gave you that idea? You really risked what we had for the sake of your story?"

"I-"

"I should've known, the moment Kai told me that the story was similar to what we had. Your love for books. The way you use your words. I should've known, that all this time-"

"what we had was one sided." Taehyun quickly grabs his phone, not caring that he's still wearing Beomgyu's clothes and the fact that his lower back is still hurting. He needed to get out.

He feels sick. He feels suffocated. He feels a lump in his throat, his head is throbbing and his heart is shattering, he didn't know his heart could even break again after he met Beomgyu;

But, it was all a lie. Taehyun had been living in lies.

He was nothing but a mere tool for Beomgyu's story.

Beomgyu shook his head as his eyes follow Taehyun to the door. "I love you. Don't go. Please." Beomgyu pleads as he wraps his arms around Taehyun's waist the moment the younger was about to leave the room.

Taehyun couldn't hold it in. He can hear the latter sobbing. Taehyun's heart is too weak for him. He can feel Beomgyu's heart beat against his back beating rapidly.

He knows that with just one look at Beomgyu, he'd want to jump into his arms again. But, no, he can't and he won't.

He should've trusted himself and never let his walls crumble down for Beomgyu.

He's always known that love never existed.

"Save it." Taehyun speaks. "If you did-" Taehyun takes a deep breath in as he turns the knob of Beomgyu's apartment door.

"you would've chosen me over a story..." Taehyun says, his voice cracking at the end.

"Taehyun-"

Taehyun slips out of Beomgyu's grasp and walks out. The door slams shut as Taehyun never looked back. Taehyun was more than disappointed that Beomgyu really let him leave like that. He was expecting Beomgyu to hug him tighter, plead more but no, he didn't.

It proved Taehyun's worth to the latter.

Beomgyu finally lets a tear run down his cheek as soon as he hears the click of his door close. Soon, his small tears become a river as he chokes out sobs. He slumps to the ground on his knees as he pounds the floor with his fists, letting out a groan from the pain;

Not the hands, but his heart.

"I love you, I love you, I love you-" Beomgyu whispers, although he knows that Taehyun can't hear it and that it's too late.

Beomgyu reaches out the back of his pocket to pull out a bluish-green box and he clutches it in his hand as he pulls it into his chest.

"I'm sorry..."