Chapter 2

The next morning Levi woke to the smell of pancakes wafting up from downstairs. It was one of his favorite smells. He climbed out of bed, threw on some clothes, and headed downstairs to find his parents already sitting at the kitchen table, plates piled high with food in front of them.

"Opsola." (Father) Levi says, quietly, as he approaches the table. His parents both glance up at him.

Apophis sighs and nods at his son, motioning for him to sit down. "Yesterday was... an eventful night, but I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. Your mother and I talked about it, and we think maybe it's time you tell someone about... everything that's been going on." He pauses, searching for the right words. "It might be helpful for you to talk to someone who understands what you're going through."

"Like a therapist?" Levi asks, taking a seat at the table.

"Yes, something like that," Aeloria replies. "There's a therapist in town who specializes in working with people who go through... unusual changes--"

"So I can talk to a total stranger about us being dragons but not my friends!" Levi says, half-joking, half-serious. His parents exchange a look.

"It's not that we don't want you to talk to your friends, Levi," Aeloria says gently. "But sometimes, it can be easier to open up to someone who doesn't have any preconceived notions or prejudices. Someone who understands what you're going through, because they've gone through it themselves. We know Scott and Stiles are your friends, but they are human. It is within their nature to be confused and frightened by what they don't understand."

Levi sighs, nodding slowly. He takes a bite of his pancakes, thinking about what they've said. He knows they're right; it's just hard for him to imagine talking to someone he's never met about something so personal. But he supposes he could try it. "So, who exactly is this therapist?"

His parents exchange another look before Apophis answers. "Her name is Ms. Morrell. She's actually the school counselor. I've met her a few times in the past, and she seems like a very understanding and compassionate person. You could talk to her after school today, if you'd like. We can arrange a meeting for you."

"I'll think about it," Levi says, finishing off the last of his pancakes. He stands up and starts to clear his plate, glancing back and forth between his parents. "I'll let you know after school, okay?"

They nod in agreement, and the rest of breakfast passes in a more subdued atmosphere. Afterward, Levi heads off to school, still feeling a mixture of emotions about the idea of talking to a therapist. He's not sure if he'll actually go through with it, but the thought of having someone to talk to who understands what he's going through is strangely comforting.

He arrives at school walking onto campus, he sees Scott with Stiles and they both smile at him. "Hey, Levi," they say in unison as they all talk about the previous night's events as they walk toward the entrance.

"Okay, let's see this thing." Stiles says gesturing to Scott's side, Levi looks rather confused. "The bite. You have to show him." Stiles explains.

"Bite?" Levi echoes, frowning.

Scott takes a deep breath lifting his shirt revealing his bite wound, which is covered with gauze and tape that has a small amount of blood leaking through.

"Ooh!" Stiles exclaims, leaning in closer to examine the wound. He pokes the bandage, which causes Scott to flinch in pain. So Scott pulls his shirt back down as the three resume their walk into the school.

"It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott tells the two. Stiles only looks at Scott with disbelief.

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles asked, still looking doubtful.