⟣Chapter 83

Começar do início

Later, Fang Zhen learned that Ling City Base had been destroyed, and Miao Bo and Fang Shenlong had fled here. Fang Shenlong’s severed hand was the work of Xiao Hen. Fang Zhen’s schemes against them diminished, and he took the initiative to befriend them. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, especially since the former leaders and vice leaders of a base of tens of thousands of people had fallen to the same level. How could one not feel pleased?

Miao Bo had always known that Fang Zhen was a small-minded person. They didn’t have any reliance or equal treatment in the Yue County base. They had to endure many things. If it weren’t for Fang Shenlong losing a hand and his combat power greatly reduced, coupled with the blow from Ling City Base, they could have rallied the survivors and made a comeback. But they couldn’t, so they could only temporarily seek refuge here.

Miao Bo said, “I know you’re an ability user. Can you please help me with something? Fang Shenlong is trapped in a zombie horde while trying to save me, and he can’t get out for a while. I want to find some ability users to help me rescue him.”

Miao Bo didn’t want to alarm the others. If he could trick Fang Zhen into going out, it would be better. If not, he would have to think of another way.

Fang Zhen looked at him strangely, “Where are the other brothers who went out with you?”

Miao Bo said, “They are guarding over there, ready to find an opportunity to rescue him. I’m afraid of any unforeseen circumstances, so I came back to bring reinforcements.”

Fang Zhen’s small eyes flickered with cunning, “Since you’re going to save someone, the person you should meet is the leader, not me. The leader is powerful, and with his help, you can definitely save him.”

Miao Bo was somewhat embarrassed, “I didn’t want to let the leader know about this. Unlike you, I don’t have family members in the base. Although my mother and grandparents were from Yue County, they have already passed away. Relying on a few familiar neighbors to testify for me won’t be of much help. Moreover, Fang Shenlong is a complete outsider, and the leader may not be willing to expend manpower to save him.”

Yue County base was indeed exclusive, even for those like Miao Bo and Fang Shenlong who had less connection to Yue County. Most of the people who frequently went out with Miao Bo and Fang Shenlong were those with less connection to Yue County.

Fang Zhen laughed, “Miao Bo, you worry too much. The leader is not that kind of person. Why don’t you go and ask him?”

Fang Zhen was extremely cautious and became more alert with Miao Bo’s sudden visit. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have survived until now.

Miao Bo hesitated for a moment before saying, “Forget it, I’ll ask someone else. It’s better not to trouble the leader.”

Miao Bo took a few steps and seemed to think of something. He turned to the people in the room and said, “Would any of you be willing to help? If you’re willing, I can compensate each of you with 10 crystal cores for every zombie you kill outside.”

The three people in the room exchanged glances and were tempted, but they were concerned about the dangers of dealing with zombies and risking their lives.

Miao Bo continued, “You don’t have to fight them. You just need to drive and attract the attention of the zombies. I’ll find ability users to help me rescue the person.”

One of them said, “Attract the attention of the zombies? That means we have to lure the zombies away. That’s much more dangerous. I don’t think anyone would be willing to do it for just 10 crystal cores.”

Miao Bo looked conflicted and said, “20 crystal cores each, I can’t offer more. I still need to hire other ability users, and my crystal nuclei are limited. Please understand.”