13

WESKER

WESKER

Thirty minutes before eight in the morning. I just finished my hygiene routine and currently dressing up for today's schedule.

I sprayed a light musk cologne on both my wrists and rubbed them at the back of my ears.

Then I put on a midnight-blue turtleneck and fleece-lined canvas black pants under an informal black suits.

The temperature is a little warm today so I figured Y/N's present will do the trick if the temperature outside drops down later.

I was brushing my hair all the way to the back in front of the bathroom mirror when I heard a slow knock at the door.

I checked the clock above it and contemplated if I'll answer or pretend that I already left. The clock is ticking and I don't want to be late.

The persistent knocking forced me to open the door.

"Alex? What a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here at this hour?"

She just ignored me and entered the room like she owns it, scanning the whole room and the bed with her hands inside her lab coat's pockets.

I maintain cleanliness every morning I wake up, not because I want to impress anyone who'd try to peek inside, but due to the fact that I don't have time to do so when I come back from training.

"It's been awhile huh? I'm surprised you're alone in here."

"What made you think otherwise?"

"Well, for one you brought a random girl here and she apparently lives next door. It's not that hard to put two on two together."

My eyebrow raised at her accusation.

"Y/N isn't what you think she is."

"Really? So she's not your girlfriend?"

"No."

"Then why did you beg me to clean up her mess?"

"I told you the reason why."

"You seem to be too invested so I assumed-"

I took a deep breath and asked.

"Alex, why are you here?"

I cut her off because it's a waste of time. She just sighed softly and sat on my bed.

"I came here to warn you. The old man's planning to visit the facility one of these days."