Chapter 5: Jeon's younger son

4 years later:

After about 2 months since that incident, you, along with your dad, shifted to Busan. Since Busan is much more developed than the countryside of Daegu, your dad thought it will give better options for education as well. Your dad found a small apartment, of two rooms. Since it was just both of you, you settled there.

In the next compartment, there lives a small family-The Jeons, consisting of Mr. Jeon Jungmin, Mrs. Jeon Miyeon and their two sons, Jeon Junghyun and Jeon Jungkook. The family is really kind and happy. They help your dad a lot to raise you, since he also has to do part-time jobs to pay your expenses. So, most of the time, you live with the Jeons. They love you a lot and treat you like their own child. When you were about six years old, you were given to the same school where the Jeon boys study—Baekyang Primary and Elementary school. The Jeon's older son, Junghyun, takes care of you as his own sister. Because of him, you don't feel the absence of Taehyung.

School life is the worst moment for you. The kids there are really mean and they bully you a lot just because you're a motherless child. You had no friends there and just stayed alone, studying some books. The bullies would also make you do their homework. You finally made a friend some days ago. Her name is Lee Mijung. She is in almost as same condition as you. She's fatherless, so she's bullied, also she's a nerd like you, so she was left alone as well. This made you both become friends.

Among all your bullies, the one who bullies you the most is Jungkook—Jeon's younger son. You hate him so much that you don't even want to see his face. For no reason, he would come to you and pull your hair, making fun of you being skinny and called you ugly. Those things just hurt you so much. You try to avoid him everytime. What hurts the most is that you are the only kid whom he bullies-he doesn't bully anyone else. It makes you think sometimes Am I that bad? That Jungkook Oppa bullies only me?!

Your dad has been studying hard to get a better job. It is the time for his exams so, he has to go to Seoul. He trusts the Jeons with your responsibility, so he leaves you in Busan till he returns. You're quite happy that you'll be spending a week and a half with the Jeons but still, you can't overlook the fact that it is also the home of your biggest enemy, Jungkook!!! You shiver at that thought.

Ugh!! How am I supposed to live with him in the same house!!!

"Hyung, Noona... Please take care of Y/N till I return.. ", Haru requests Mr. And Mrs. Jeon.

"Haru ah!!! She's like our daughter! You go without any tension and give your exams!!" Mr. Jeon assures him.

And yeah... The hell begins! You can't help but think of Jungkook. What would be his reaction to see you? You come out of your thoughts when Mrs. Jeon calls you, "Y/N ah! If you wanna study or take some rest, you can go to Kookie's room. He's out playing now."

What? His room?!! You gulp and give a weak smile. You slowly go to his room. You've never entered his room before. It's not that large, just medium size, enough for a bed, a study table and a closet. You sit on his bed and take out a book. Phew!! At least he's not here!! You begin studying. You get so lost in the chapter that you didn't even notice when Jungkook came in and stood right in front of you, glaring with his furious eyes. You flinch and jolt up, acknowledging his presence.

"What are you doing here?" he asks in a furious voice. His glare is so intense that it makes you squirm.

You stutter, "I.. I.. A-Ajuma.. ". Suddenly, he grabs your hair, making you clench your teeth. You hold his wrist, trying to get away from his hold. "Ah... L-leave m-me!"

"Who told you to come in my room? How dare you?" he asks angrily.

Without knowing, tears started flowing down your cheeks and you sob. You stutter out,
"A-Ajuma told me to c-come here..!! I'm s-sorry, o-oppa!!!"

"Go downstairs and never come in my room! Wipe your tears! Don't let eomma know about this!" he warns you and lets you go. You quickly wipe your tears and rush downstairs. You try to cover it but your cheeks turn so bright red when you cry that anyone can notice it, including Mrs. Jeon. She panics seeing you cry and rushes over to you. "Y/N?!! Why are you crying?!! Did you get hurt?!! Anyone said anything?!!"

You shake your head, trying to deny it. But her stern look and gently voice makes you weak. "Y/N ah!! Tell me what happened? Hmm?"

And that's your breaking point. You cry out loudly, clutching onto her chest and mumble out, "J-Jungkook O-Oppa.... He t-threatened me!!!"

She looks shocked at your words. She asks again, "What?! You mean my KOOKIE?!!! MY SON?!!!

You nod as more tears stream down. "H-he bullies me everyday..!! Pulls my hair... Bodyshames me!!"

She looks furious. "KOOKIE!!!! COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!" she yells.

Jungkook was playing video games. When he heard his mom yell, he flinched and got scared. What if that b*tch told mom about everything..?

He rushed to his mom's room almost in an instant. "W-What happened... Eomma..?" he mumbled.

"'What happened' huh?!" she scoffs. "Explain this!!" she points at you. You tremble, seeing him clenching his jaw and curling his hands into fists. You either want to run away from there or hide behind Mrs. Jeon. You clearly remember his warning: Wipe your tears! Don't let eomma know about this!"

He looks down and stutters, "I... I didn't do... A-anything... ".

Mrs. Jeon groans and says, "Then why did I see her cry when she came out of your room?" He doesn't say anything. Just keeps quiet and nibbles on his lower lip. "Kookie, tell me. Why did you threaten her? Is that what me and your appa taught you, huh?!" she says a bit loudly, making him flinch.

He looks at his mom and almost yells, "I Hate her!"

Those words pinch your heart. You never heard those harsh words. It's not like you hate him that much. Something in him attracts you. You tried to create a strong bond with him like you have with Junghyun. But everytime you tried, he always did something that made you step back and hate him more.

"KOOKIE!!!" she glares at him. "Is that a way of talking, huh?!" She sighs, "Say sorry to her and promise to never do it again!"

He looks at you, with those teary eyes—-vengeful tears—and furrowed brows and mumbles, "Sorry... ".

He then runs to his room. You hear him shut the door with a loud thud and lock it. Mrs. Jeon turns towards you and cups your face, "Don't worry, he will not do anything now!" she smiles. You just nod but you don't believe it. You know something more is coming for you.

Meanwhile, Jungkook locks his room and sits on the edge of the bed. He covers his face with his palm and sobs. Jungkook has always been that kid who was spoiled by love-from both his parents and his older brother. But after you came in their lives, he lost it all. He felt like, he has to share his family with you. He hated it. He is too sensitive regarding his family. He wants to be their centre of attention again. But cuz of you, he lost it. This is the only reason he bullied you.

Why?! Why always me?!! Why did you come in my life, Y/N?!! Just why?!! Doesn't she have her own parents?! Why she needs mine?!!

I HATE YOU, KIM Y/N!!!!

What will Jungkook do next? Will he change? Or will he just keep on bullying her? What do you think? Will they ever become friends..?

Preview for next part:

"Y/N!!! Y/N ahh!!! Wake up!! Open your eyes!!!"

"Please! Don't be so Fake!! I don't want you to pretend and do all this unwantedly!! Just be yourself and stay away from me!" you almost beg him.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading!!
Love Ya! <3 💜

Shining Crystal in the Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें