❛one star that became nothing.❜

A sigh escaped Soobin's lips

A sigh escaped Soobin's lips. He felt his body drop on his bed that he was sitting on. He stared at the ceiling in silence, his unlocked phone in his loose grip. A feeling bubbled up in his chest, but before he could name it, the numbness washed over, erasing the remnants.

Uncomfortable, Soobin let out more sighs, closely feeling his chest heave up and down. After a while, he felt stupid to do so, so he stopped it.

And it was among the instances of his stupid (or what are you even doing choi soobin?????) shenanigans, leaving him drowning in embarrassment. Choi Soobin is stupid, sometimes or many times daringly one. Or why was he still expecting a notification of cash getting deposited into his bank account whenever his rent was due and that he could finally scoff at his father finally acting like one? The notification never came and it left Soobin more and more miserable everytime and left him to wonder why was he even doing this again. And one hour of spiraling later... he would come to the same conclusion of being not worthy enough and that he was doomed to die alone. Well isn't it so...

"And when will your staring contest be over?" 

A voice pulled him out of his morning monologue. He rolled his head to the side, to witness a bored Beomgyu leaning on his door, looking taller than he ever did before. The only times he did look like one.

"I know what you are thinking about." Beomgyu shot a glare before stomping towards the starfish he called his soulmate. He towered over him, trying to make himself look as big and intimidating as possible. Soobin imagined himself bursting into laughter (spitting accidentally at Beomgyu's poor face in the process) with an annoyed Beomgyu scrunching his nose in distaste. The shorter would then lunge at him and they would both tackle into a tickle fight and exclaim that they were going to die laughing on a typical morning. Soobin settled for a smile and a look of endearment in his eyes, he hoped that Beomgyu could feel so.

Beomgyu cocked an eyebrow. Now Soobin really wanted to laugh, Beomgyu looked like a funny pelican. Laugh, Soobin, laugh. Piss Beomgyu off.

"Hyung!" Cue Beomgyu's whining and Soobin's laughs becoming louder.

Soobin rubbed his sore arm and pouted at the younger, the reason of his sore arm. The pain seared through his limb which caused him to wince, but he bit the inside of his cheek to prevent a cry. He was in no mood to be dramatic.

"Hyung? Does it hurt?" Beomgyu's tone softened and he moved over inspect his arm before he softly patted it. "I'm sorry, I didn't notice..." 

Soobin basked in his concern for a bit before he shook his head. "It's fine Gyu, you know I am just sensitive" 

To pain. Soobin didn't like pain. He at first noticed this in his late childhood that he was more receptive to pain, more than the others. Which didn't help him, as he was known to be a clumsy boy, turning up with a bruise or cut here and there every week.