"Why are you showing up at my window at 7:30?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Oh right, uh I just wanted to get out my house for a bit and I figured you only live a couple houses down so I just came here" he said.

"Okay then.." I replied "Darren is gonna be here soon, you can stay till they get here" I sat back down on my bed. "actually let's go on the roof so mum doesn't hear us talk" I got back up and headed for the window.

I sat on the window sill swinging my legs over, and then I grabbed onto the ladder sitting next to my window and climbed up to the roof. Not long after Ant followed me up, I took a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it taking a puff.

"So why did you need to get out of the house" I asked him handing him the joint.

"Mum's gone mental, I have to go to church three times a week now because of that fucking map," He said taking a puff of the cigarette. "What did your mum do?"

"Grounded me for the term" I sighed lying down on the roof. "we all know that's not gonna keep me inside" I laughed.

he lay down next to me "You going to the cemetery tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yeah, I was planning on bringing Darren and Quinni" I replied passing the cigarette back and forth.

"What do we have here" I heard Darren's voice come from the ladder, I sat up to see them peering over the ladder onto the roof.

"Hey Darren, Ant was just leaving" I invited Darren up onto the roof, which they accepted taking the joint from me.

"Was he now" they replied smugly and I gave them a look.

"Yep, bye Ant," I said waving to him as he climbed down the house.

"Bye Val, see you at the cemetery tomorrow then" he said before starting to go down.

I hummed in response and took my cigarette back from Darren.

"So, what's happening there?" Darren asked.

"Between me and Ant?" I laughed "nothing"

"Then why was he here" Darren raised their eyebrows.

"He just needed to get away from his mum, just like I am on the roof" I replied shutting down any thoughts they had. "Anyway, my mum grounded me for the rest of the fucking term, can you believe that?" I asked scoffing.

"What the bloody hell, how do you live with her" they asked taking the cigarette back from me.

"I wish I didn't have to, but since Dad decided to move to LA, I don't have an escape house anymore" I took back the joint.

"I am so sorry Val, I would welcome you to my house but it isn't any better" They again took the joint back, and passed it back.

"It's alright Darren, I've learnt to deal with it anyway" I inhaled smoke "Plus who thinks she's gonna stop me from going to parties" I exhaled.

Darren laughed, we lay out on the roof for a while before we had to go in. Since Darren had work in the morning and needed to get up early. It was their trial shift so I decided I go with them too.