𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 three

Ashlee's POV

*three days later*

It had been three days since my mom had been in the hospital. Everyone at the station has been stopping by to take care of us while they were still at the hospital. Today was finally the day we were gonna meet our baby sister. I got everyone ready for the day since I knew they would want to take pictures of us when they got home. Once I was touching up the little makeup I had on, I heard the front door opening. I quickly got out of my room and ran downstairs. I saw mom and dad walking inside while dad was carrying the carseat. I walked up to mom excitedly and gave her a light hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Me: I missed you guys!

Mom: I missed you too butterfly. Look who's finally home *she smiled*

I looked at my dad who gently put the carseat holding my sleeping sister down on the floor. I quickly rushed to him and gave him a hug. He picked me up easily and giving me a big hug and kissing my forehead like he used to when I was a little kid.

Dad: I missed you sweetheart

Me: I missed you too dad. 

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before he set me down on the floor again. I quickly turned around and kneeled down to see my baby sister in her carseat. I smiled at her sleeping in front of me peacefully.

Me: Welcome home Annalise *I smiled widely* I'm your big sister Ashlee. You're gonna love it around here.

I stood back up and looked at my parents with puppy dog eyes. I quickly asked them if I could hold her and they happily agreed. I sat on the couch while my dad softly placed Annalise into my arms. When she was placed in my arms, she moved gently but quickly adjusted her self to hold onto my shirt. I smiled down at my new little sister and relaxed further into the couch.

Me: I'm gonna call you Anna *I smiled*

I took a bit more time with Anna until the others came downstairs. I gave them all a turn to hold Anna so that they wouldn't get mad at me for keeping her all to myself. While they all took turns holding Anna, I went into the kitchen and made a quick breakfast for everyone. I quickly made some pancakes, eggs, and bacon and lay it all out on the table. Everyone made their way into the dining room and sat down. We all ate peacefully and talked about what happened the last three days our parents were gone.

Me: Oh, mom! I fixed the welcome basket for the new neighbors. I was just waiting for you to come back so that we could all give it to them.

Mom: That's great butterfly. Thank you for doing that and thank you for helping out around the house when we were gone

Me: Of course mom. Also, there's the annual campfire party at the beach with some of the kids at school. Do you think I could go?

Mom: Is Josh gonna be there?

Me: Yeah *I smiled*

Mom: Then sure you can, but don't stay out too late and don't do anything bad. When is it?

Me: This weekend. I may be out a little bit later than usual if that's okay

Mom: How late?

Me: Maybeeeee midnight to one?

Mom: I'll let you, but on one condition.

Me: What is it

Mom: You update me every hour AND if you drink, don't drive. That doesn't mean you should, but just don't drive okay? Call me or your dad if you're in any trouble or need a ride back home understood?