Wonwoo decides it's not the best time to get anything out of Mingyu right now, and he settles with running soothing hands on Mingyu's, as a way of silent reassurance that he's here with him. Wonwoo wants to turn and press kisses to Mingyu's head, but when he tries to, Mingyu doesn't let him move, and holds him in his place.

Mingyu's head is tucked in the curve of Wonwoo's neck, as he still hasn't stopped biting and kissing it. It gets unbearable at one point, making Wonwoo forcefully twist himself to look Mingyu in the face. The boy whimpers, crying again, as Wonwoo places light pecks on his forehead and nose. "Gyu, it's alright, it's just me."

"Wonwoo... you're here?"

"Yes. Yes, I am."

"You didn't go out some time ago?"

"No? I was here all the time."

"Then the car crash... Why was I driving the car?"

Wonwoo doesn't have to ask further to understand. "Mingyu, you're okay, both of us have been in the house since last night. None of us has gone out."

"But then why were you bleeding? You weren't in your room..."

"Mingyu, I was in the bathroom, and no, I never bled. I was sleeping."

"Really?" Mingyu finally opens his eyes and looks at Wonwoo. He sobs when he sees Wonwoo exactly like he'd seen him yesterday, holding him close.

"Your leg..." Mingyu points, and loosens his arms from Wonwoo. He shifts down until he's eye-to-eye with Wonwoo's left leg, and kisses it continuously.

Wonwoo wants to cry, looking at Mingyu so small and desperate as he clutches at his leg.

That's the leg which took most of the blow that day, and there's an ugly scar etched from his upper calf to his quad, which Mingyu tenderly pecks. "I'm so sorry, Baby," Mingyu whispers, and then rests his head on Wonwoo's knee.

"Why are you sorry, Gyu?"

"For letting this happen to you." He points at the scar.

"What are you saying Gyu?" Wonwoo's worried this isn't Mingyu speaking.

"I could have stopped it..."

"There's nothing you could have changed, Gyu, it's alright. I'm fine now, aren't I?"

Mingyu remains silent after that. Wonwoo's knee is wet now, from all the tears Mingyu shed on it. Wonwoo bends forward and cradles his head, on the verge of tears looking at Mingyu so miserable. "Mingyu..." Wonwoo says after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? It hurts me so much to see you like this,"

"I can't help it, Won, this is never going to leave me alone."

"Why do you say that?"

"I don't know..."

"If you say it, there's a higher chance it actually won't leave you..."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising, goddammit!"

Wonwoo has no idea of what he should do. Hug Mingyu to sleep so he forgets this? Or should he talk it out right now?

"Hey Gyu?"

Mingyu hums. "What's your favourite memory with Jieun?"

Mingyu stills. Not quite the question he'd expected, but he's more than ready to answer. "Almost all of them, to be honest. It's hard to not like any of the time spent with her,"

"Pick the most favourite, then." Wonwoo prods.

"Hmm... Maybe the times she hugs me. Her hugs are so warm, just like yours."

"That's nice."

"What's with the sudden question?"

"Are you still thinking about it?"

Oh. Mingyu realises he's actually quite calmer now. "No..."

"I'm sorry I was so rough on you earlier," Mingyu says in a small voice.

"It's okay, you were scared, it's fine."

"I didn't hurt you," Even the thought of him hurting Wonwoo in any way makes Mingyu shudder. "Right?"

Wonwoo chuckles. "No, silly,"

"I love you."

"Love you too, Gyu, go back to sleep now."

"Do you want me to sleep away from you..?"

Wonwoo rolls his eyes. He pulls Mingyu back up, and hugs him securely. "No, you're sleeping here with me."